Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Home Health AideLocation: Tustin, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 752359 Date posted: 01/21/2019
- Upholds KP's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities & applicable state, federal & local laws
- Assists patient w/ transfers, ambulation, exercises, & prescribed rehabilitation techniques
- Helps patient w/ bathroom or bedpan use
- Provides such incidental household or environmental services as are essential to the patient's health care at home
- This may include doing the patient's personal laundry, keeping bedroom & kitchen in order & reasonably clean (No general housecleaning)
- Prepares some meals or special diets & may prepare food for the patient's consumption between visits
- Enlists & coordinates assistance of friends or family members & encourages the patient to become increasingly self-reliant when possible
- Reports to supervisory RN all changes in the patient's condition or family situation
- Participates in team conferences
- Maintain records related to job responsibilities
- Other appropriate duties consistent w/ the individual's experience which, in the opinion of the physician & the Home Health Team, would improve the quality of patient care & Aide satisfaction
- These duties may include assistance w/ administration of medications ordinarily self administered that have been specifically ordered by the physician
- Would be limited to those medications & patients specifically delegated by the RN to the aide
- The Home Health Aide will not apply any topical medications without a physician's order & specific delegation by the RN to the Aide
- The Home Health Aide may carry out a digital rectal examination for the purpose of removing fecal impactions w/ an order from MD/RN
- Promotes, ensures, & improves customer service to internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent w/ the organization's philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations & quality service
- Assume other activities & responsibilities from time to time as directed
- Two (2) years of experience as a Home Health Aide in Home Health Agency OR new graduate from a State Certified Home Health Aide Training Program with a minimum one (1) year of CNA experience
- California Home Health Aid Certification required
- Current valid California driver's license (Class 3)
- Must attach a current CQA driver record information sheet, obtained within the last month
- During the two (2) year period immediately preceding the data of application, must have a driving record, which is free of incidents involving the applicant's negligence
- Also free of citations with forfeit for bail for driving while under the influence of drugs or reckless driving
- Driving record must not reflect more than two (2) moving violations during the same two (2) year period
- License & driving record will be verified
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.