Home Health AideTustin, California
A critical member of our health care delivery team, KP Care at Home (KPCAH) clinicians help our members when they are at their most vulnerable. In this role, you’ll practice positive, compassionate care — working efficiently and safely. You’ll have the chance to immediately apply learnings to patient treatment while offering solutions to issues instead of contributing to issues. Our clinicians embody the KPCAH vision of providing world-class, high-quality care and support in the comfort of a familiar environment. This is an opportunity to show that you’re an effective healer, a highly adaptable team player, and an individual of impeccable integrity.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
We’re looking for Care at Home clinicians who possess the following traits.
- Team Player
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Vacation, Holiday & Sick Leave
Health & Wellness Programs
Our values, who we are and what we stand for, are represented by three core pillars:
Commitment – We are deeply committed to our members, their health, dignity, safety, and their choice to receive care and support in their home.
Compassion – We provide compassionate care to our patients who need services, are recovering, or have chosen to age with dignity in their home.
Comfort – We take seriously our responsibility to comfort our patients and support their caregivers to safeguard the quality of life of our patients.
When you join our KPCAH clinician team, you’ll have many paths open to you to grow your skills and your career. Here are just a few:
- If you have an aptitude for training colleagues, you could grow into a role as a preceptor and eventually as a Staff Educator.
- If you’re interested in project management, performance improvement, or operational oversight, you could pursue opportunities as a Regional Consultant, Clinical Supervisor, or Quality Coordinator.
- If you have subject matter expertise in specialty care areas such as Wound Care and Telehealth, you could elevate your practice and share your expertise as a Regional Practice Leader.
- We aim to grow our clinicians to be leaders in their field. As such, we offer ongoing opportunities for specialized training and certifications that include, but are not limited to, Wound Treatment Associate (WTA) Certification, Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) Certification, Lean Six Sigma Certification through Kaiser Permanente’s Improvement Advisor Program.
What our Employees Say
“I started my nursing career in 2010, at the time I did not know anything about hospice or palliative care. I can tell you now that working as a hospice nurse has been one of the best decisions I have made in my life — I wouldn’t change it in a million years. I have been very blessed to be able to care for my patients and family members throughout these difficult times during the end-of-life process. As a hospice nurse, I appreciate that being able to treat them as family is something that aligns with the Kaiser Permanente core values.”
“It’s humbling to be able to work with people during some of their toughest days. Being a home health physical therapist for Kaiser Permanente gives me opportunities to connect with members and their family to improve their mobility. It is a rewarding experience to be able to help someone improve their overall health at home.”
“I’m proud to assist patients in a unique setting within Kaiser Permanente health care — at a patient’s home. I can work with them in their own environment to address their specific needs during their physical rehabilitation. Being a part of Kaiser Permanente’s home care rehab team that delivers the highest quality care and compassion is an honor and I look forward to the rest of my career here.”
PT, San Diego
“I love being a part of the dedicated team at KP Care at Home. We’re a home health agency that exemplifies the high-quality care our communities deserve. We pride ourselves on extending Kaiser Permanente's incredible care into the home and to optimize recovery in one's comfortable surroundings. As a caring and compassionate person, KP Care at Home has supported me in being the best for my patients.”
“Having been in health care for over 17 years in the home care setting, one thing that stands out in working for KP Care at Home is the ability to grow within the team. I love being able to hone in and master your skills and building such a great support system with colleagues. Teamwork is what makes an entity function like a well-oiled machine, and I’m proud to say that we have that in this team.”
Home Health Aide
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Pay Grade: 24
- Two (2) years of experience as a Home Health Aide in Home Health Agency or new grad from a State Certified Home Health Aide Training Program with a minimum of one (1) year CNA experience.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
License, Certification, Registration
- California Home Health Aid Certification required.
- Must possess a current valid class 3 California driver's license.
- Must attach a current CQA driver record information sheet, obtained within the last month.
- During the two-year period immediately preceding the data of application, must have a driving record, which is free of incidents involving the applicant's negligence.
- Also free of citations with forfeit for bail for driving while under the influence of drugs or reckless driving.
- Driving record must not reflect more than two moving violations during the same two-year period.
- License and driving record will be verified.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
More from Kaiser Permanente
The care our communities need, in the comfort of their homes
Across Southern California and Hawaii, we're proud to bring many types of clinical care right to our members. From surgery recovery or managing a chronic illness, our teams offer thoughtful, patient-centric care.
The basics of home-based palliative care
Learn more about the care our teams provide for patients with progressive or terminal illnesses in the comfort of their own homes. With the goal of providing comfort and quality of life, we offer support for patients and caregivers.
Providing home health care
We provide high-quality care to members who are homebound and need a nurse or a therapist. We strive to help our members get healthier, stay comfortable, and live as independently as possible in their homes and communities.
Providing hospice care
Our hospice team provides care to members who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness. This can include phsyical, emotional, and spiritual comfort, and helping relieve symptoms such as pain and nausea.
Advanced medical care at home
This innovative solution offers an alternative for members with certain acute care needs that require hospitalization. For three to four days our teams monitor each patient's progress closely and provide the support they need for a smooth recovery.
Standing strong for healthy communities
Every day, we use every tool at our disposal to reach far into our communities and expand affordable coverage and quality care. This could include tailoring care to the needs of the most vulnerable, or ensuring our schools support healthy eating and physical activity.
Providing comfortable, extraordinary support
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.