Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Vision Services Site SupervisorLocation: Tustin, CA Job Number: 873072 Date posted: 09/21/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Responsible for complete operation of Optix Vision Center site(s) as assigned. May also be responsible for administrative oversight of the assigned Optometry department. Work with various levels of optical staff, management, and other persons/departments/functions as necessary to ensure quality member care, service, and achieve optimal sales. Act as role models of professionalism, ethical behavior, and effective decision making at all times.
- Customer Service: Greet Members when they enter the department.
- Ensure member concerns are solved effectively and promptly.
- Train staff to provide quality customer service.
- Supervision: Delegate tasks and follow-up to ensure task completion.
- Observe and provide feedback on staff performance.
- Motivate staff to perform at a high level.
- Promote and encourage staff development.
- Managing the Business: Maintain profitability through research, report analysis, identifying trends, defining problems and developing appropriate responses.
- Reports: Complete reports accurately and on time.
- Use reports to make effective decisions that ensure high care and service levels and drive optical sales.
- Planning: Work with relevant parties to anticipate problems and plan for upcoming events.
- Set objectives and ensure they are met.
- Use established procedures to hire staff.
- Working Relationships: Train and develop staff through formal training programs, providing both informal (e.g., on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g., written evaluation) job performance based feedback, delegating, and follow-up (i.e., operational control).
- Professional Development: Keep current on product knowledge, through internal and external programs/conferences/self-study.
- Shop and study competition and complementary businesses to identify trends and develop new ideas.
- Other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant work experience with proven success and track record in increasing sales, driving profits and meeting performance objectives.
- Associate's degree required, OR two (2) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (5-20 pounds).
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Travel to all Vision Essentials/Optometry Orange County offices is required.
- Home base may be any Vision Essentials/ Optometry office in Orange County.
- Must be willing to travel to all clinics in Orange County and travel to other clinics in the Southern California for special events and meetings.
- Hours and days will vary according to operational needs.
- Department hours are 7:30-6pm.
- Must be available weekdays and weekends.
- Saturdays are required.
La Palma Medical Offices 5 Centerpointe Dr., 5 Centerpointe Dr., La Palma,California, 90623
Mission Viejo Medical Offices 23781 Maquina Ave., 23781 Maquina Ave., Mission Viejo,California, 92691
Yorba Linda Medical Offices 22550 Savi Ranch Pkwy., 22550 Savi Ranch Pkwy., Yorba Linda,California, 92887 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: 7:00 AM Working Hours End: 9:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor Job Category: Patient Care Services (Non RN) Department: Vision Essential/Optical Dispensing Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!