Empowering People to Improve Health
At Kaiser Permanente, our organization is all about people — as individuals and as a team. We may be 200,000+ employees and physicians strong, but we act as one when it comes to empowering our members, colleagues, and communities to achieve their goals.
HR Disability Case ManagerLocation: Union City, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 823405 Date posted: 09/09/2019
- Coordinates the Disability Management Program.
- Communicates with management and claims administrators as outlined in the Disability Management guidelines.
- Provides monthly reports to Senior Leadership as outlined in the Disability Management Guidelines.
- Provides monthly reports to HRSC as outlined in the Disability Management guidelines to ensure appropriate integration of benefits.
- Provides monthly reports to HR Disability Consultant as outlined in the Disability Management guidelines.
- Serves as consultant to managers/supervisors regarding Disability Management.
- Serves as consultant to local LMP WPS Teams regarding Disability Management.
- Serves as resource to disabled employees regarding the Transitional Return to Work Program and other disability related benefits.
- Coordinates with the HR Disability Consultant and external vendors to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates with supervisors and the HRSC to ensure prompt and accurate reporting of claims to support timely reporting of claims and appropriate benefit payments.
- Ensures appropriate integration of all disability related benefits Coordinates with claims administrator (if applicable) to ensure timely and accurate payment of appropriate benefits.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with managing a return-to-work Program OR equivalent years of experience requiring the application of knowledge in the areas of employee disability benefits/return-to-work issues.
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must demonstrate effective communication, consulting, interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to effective create and facilitate collaboration among diverse groups, people and professional disciplines.
- Must be able to work in Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Human Resources Careers
Human Resources Careers
The work you do building engaged teams, promoting an environment of respect, and developing recruitment and retention strategies helps our employees realize their potential while strengthening the organization as a whole. Whether you specialize in recruiting, benefits and compensation, human resources information systems (HRIS), or training and development, you help identify, recruit, hire, and develop the talent that will define our future.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.