Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
Integrated Behavior Health Specialist (PhD, PsyD) Women's HealthLocation: Union City, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 742686 Date posted: 11/08/2018
- Utilizes principles of Health Psychology to develop implement, coordinate and evaluate treatment plans for referred members that may include crisis intervention, brief psychotherapy, psychoeducation groups and brief case management.
- Administers and evaluates psychological and neuropsychological tests on a limited basis.
- Prepares concise intake evaluations and treatment plans, and maintains ongoing confidential progress records in accord with state and NCQA regulations.
- Provides education and support to members and their families to encourage compliance with medical and behavioral regimes.
- Co-manages medical conditions through the use of nonpharmacologic and behavioral interventions in order to leverage physician time and develop appropriate patterns of utilization.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of practice.
- Provides consultation and training to other members of the APC team in the areas of mental health, behavioral medicine and health psychology.
- Provides consultation on program development, and conducts program evaluation and outcome assessment, as needed.
- Serves as liaison and refers to the Psychiatry Department, Chemical Dependency Services, Behavioral Health Education, specialty behavioral medicine services and other internal and community resources as appropriate.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline.
- Minimum two (2) years of professional experience under the direction of a licensed psychologist or board certified psychiatrist.
- Ph.D., PsyD or EdD in clinical or counseling required from an accredited college or university.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current valid license to practice psychology in the State of California.
- Previous clinical responsibilities to include diagnosis, crisis intervention, brief individual and group psychotherapy, and consultation and collaboration with medical personnel.
- Knowledge of state regulations and APA standards as it related to client treatment, patient rights and client/patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team and within a primary care environment.
- Familiarity with psychopharmacology preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.