Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
Senior Research Interventionist - Seattle, WA (KPWHRI)Location: United States, Additional Locations:
Job Number: 180686-KPWA Date posted: 03/22/2018
The Senior Research Interventionist utilizes professional clinical skills, education, and/or experience in project planning and implementation of data collection for complex clinical/health research trials.Closely collaborates with Principal Investigators and delivery system professionals in designing, planning, executing, and overseeing a variety of clinical research study activities. Will directly or functionally supervises Research Interventionists, Clinical Research Specialists, or other research staff in the conduct of clinical study procedures within a specific programmatic area of research. Contributes professional clinical expertise, and serves as a resource to, related programmatic areas in the Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute.
- Performs clinical evaluation/intervention/measurements requiring professional clinical knowledge/education/training. Uses clinical knowledge and skills to make decisions around patient safety and study participation issues. Evaluates responses of participants and makes independent judgments regarding the conduct of clinical interventions. Performs advanced medical record review as needed, and monitors quality of clinical measures across studies.
- In collaboration with Principal Investigator and Project Manager, contributes specialized clinical knowledge to the design and execution of clinical research studies. Participates in the planning phase of new studies, including maximizing the feasibility of the proposed studies, using knowledge of the specific study population and potential clinical settings. At the direction of the Principal Investigator, insures that clinical studies are implemented and conducted in accordance with IRB approvals, FDA regulations and GCP/ICH guidance. Designs study instruments, case report forms, and standard operating procedures to ensure data quality, optimal human subjects protections, and regulatory compliance. Represents the research study team on behalf of the Principal Investigator to external collaborators, study monitors, and KFHPW clinical sites. Ensures a seamless interface of clinical research studies with the provision of clinical care.
- Provides direct or functional supervision of clinical research staff to ensure proper execution of study protocols. May include the management and supervision of staff including the recruitment and selection of staff, the development and evaluation of staff and when necessary the discipline and termination of staff. Provides training to, and oversees clinical activities of clinical research staff members, or other relevant study staff within programmatic area of research. Coordinates clinical activities across multiple and/or complex research studies.
- Serves as a critical resource to managers and investigators in the Institute for matters relating to clinical practices, and the implementation of policies and procedures in clinical research studies.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with clinical activities required by the research projects.
- Bachelor' degrees as determined by the needs of the research projects as follows: Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Certified Mental Health Therapist/Specialist, MSW, Pharmacist, Physical Therapist, Certified Health Education Specialist, Clinical Psychologist, or Acupuncturist.
License, Certification, Registration
- One of the following: Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Certified Mental Health Therapist/Specialist, MSW, Pharmacist, Physical Therapist, Certified Health Education Specialist, Clinical Psychologist, Acupuncturist by date of hire/transfer.
- Experience with protocol development and clinical monitoring procedures required.
- Knowledge of research data collection requirements and specialized clinical intervention/measurement/assessment skills as required by the projects.
- A thorough understanding of regulatory policies governing industry practices, HIPAA requirements for clinical research, and knowledgeable about patient safety and quality control requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, and to provide leadership in a team setting.
- Two (2) years of clinical trials research or clinical data collection experience.
- Seven (7) years of experience as research interventionist or intermediate to high-level clinical research professional.
- Prior supervisory, staff training, and leadership experience.
- Master's degree or PhD in health-related field AND certifications, licenses, or degrees as determined by the needs of the research projects as follows: Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Certified Mental Health Therapist/Specialist, MSW, Pharmacist, Physical Therapist, Certified Health Education Specialist, Clinical Psychologist, Acupuncturist.
- Demonstrated experience in working through the development, implementation, and closeout phases of research projects.
About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.