Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Occupational Health Technician Certified On-Call - Grade 215Location: Vacaville, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 833745 Date posted: 11/05/2019
- Provide support in coordination of care to Physicians and patients.
- Answer calls, schedule appointments including specialty referrals, and register patients based on facility/clinic protocol.
- Submit reports to employers, insurance carriers, case managers and utilization review companies.
- Coordinate OH&S Services and maintain records and database.
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) data extraction.
- Make available recent tests/diagnostics/consults for physician review.
- Schedule equipment maintenance and inspections as needed to comply with legal standards.
- Provide training to new hires, may include verification and tracking of certifications of staff.
- Obtain basic history, and medical information, and take vital signs. Assess and prepare for provider needs for patient examinations and procedures including all responsibilities within Medical Assistant scope of work.
- Administer intramuscular, subcutaneous and intradermal injections, and medication by inhalation under authorization and supervision of physician in accordance with State of California law and prevailing Kaiser Permanente agreements and protocols.
- Perform phlebotomy, visual acuity or color testing, urine specimen collection following DOT, and DOT iCup regulations and/or chain of custody requirements, urine dipstick testing, EKGs, treadmill preparation, audiometric screen, spirometric screening, breath alcohol testing, and N-95 Fit Testing.
- Provide patient and room preparation for medical procedures and tests including post exam supplies.
- Provide wound care, removes sutures or staples from lacerations and/or incisions, dress wound as appropriate.
- Provide off-site OH&S services as necessary.
- Enter and reconcile services performed into internal database (STIX) for billing by regional office.
- Order supplies and equipment.
- Maintain any other occupational health related testing in which certification may become required by State or Federal Regulations.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum two (2) years (minimum of 1,000 hours per year) of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant within the last three (3) years.
- One (1) year of experience in an occupational health clinical setting within the last three (3) years.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor/Management partnership environment.
- High School Diploma/GED
License, Certification, Registration
- Medical Assistant certified as specified by the Medical Board of California. In addition, current certification in at least three (3) of the four (4) certifications to administer the following screenings:
- Spirometry Screening (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) approved)
- Audiometry Screening Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC Certified)
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Breath Alcohol Testing
- DOT Urine Drug Screen Collection (including iCup Drug Testing)
- Any other Occupational Health related services offered in which certification may become required by State or Federal Regulations will also be required to be obtained based on department operational need.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.