Drive Our Reputation
We need our brand to stand out from the crowd, and our communications gurus make this possible. They are geniuses behind the bold, positive, and unique Kaiser Permanente brand. We need to add more outstanding public affairs experts to our exciting team to unleash their creativity and ensure our company's reputation accurately reflects the outstanding work we do.
Public Affairs ManagerLocation: Vacaville, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 782678 Date posted: 04/08/2019
Manages the development and implementation of multi-disciplinary public affairs programs that enhance KP's image in the community, drawing as appropriate from the disciplines of community and government relations, communications,community benefit, and/or brand strategy in support of region-wide and area strategy and goals.
- Oversees public affairs activities. Manages the development and implementation of multi-disciplinary public affairs programs that enhance KP's image in the community, drawing as appropriate from the disciplines of community and government relations, communications, community benefit, and/or brand strategy in support of region-wide and area strategy and goals.
- Represents Kaiser Permanente in the communities to build support for Public Affairs and organizational objectives. Strategies span organizational entities, departments and disciplines, to achieve organization objectives and develop positive relations with stakeholders. Develops policies for community and facility programs that support Public Affairs and organizational objectives and enhance KP's reputation and brand in the service area.
- Collaborates with Communications to develop and implement strategies, initiatives, and tactics to promote KP organizational messages to key internal and external audiences. Participates on issues management teams. Tracks key social, economic and industry issues that require public affairs planning; initiates appropriate plans.
- Collaborates with Public Relations, Community Benefit, and Community and Government Relations teams to ensure consistent, effective, and integrated communications strategies and tactics. Understands and applies consumer research and market trend information, in conjunction with other appropriate internal stakeholders. Manages development and production of branded materials including online content, signage for internal and external audiences as well as print collateral.
- Manages staff and resources to achieve desired results.
- Manages public affairs projects, working with stakeholders Identifies opportunities for new partnerships and programs with internal and external groups
- Facilitates active participation among KP staff and physicians in events and activities in support of KP's reputation. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with community partners, including non-profit organizations, educational entities, business groups, government agencies, as well as KP facility leadership, to help achieve PA objectives.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in community and government relations, internal/external communications and/or brand strategy in a corporate, agency or health care setting.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, public administration, communications, political science or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Communications Careers
Careers In Communications
Communications combines numerous interrelated departments dedicated to advancing the Kaiser Permanente mission, promoting and protecting the Kaiser Permanente brand, and supporting the success of its strategy, including Corporate Communications, Issues and Brand Management, Public Relations, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Public Affairs, and more — both internally and externally.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.