Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Sterile Processing Technician II Certified - Grade 390Location: Vacaville, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 847516 Date posted: 12/04/2019
- Meets regulatory requirements for sterilization, high-level disinfection, biological monitoring, & employee competencies
- Documents & maintains daily records of all QA & sterilization functions according to regulatory agency & Infection Control standards
- Participates in department employee orientation (DEO), meetings, in-services&training, & employee evaluation & competency programs, maintains current Sterile Processing Technician Certification, and attends internal & external classes for growth & development
- Wears personal protective equipment
- Inspects, disassembles, sorts, clean, & processes reusable instrumentation & equipment and selects & operates specialized cleaning equipment
- Maintains adequate cleaning supplies and as designated reprocesses Endoscopes
- Trains personnel on personal protective equipment, inspecting, disassembling, sorting, cleaning, & processing reusable instrumentation & equipment, selecting & operating specialized cleaning equipment, following manufacturer recommendations for use of cleaning agents, following device manufactures cleaning guidelines, maintaining adequate cleaning supplies, reprocessing & documenting Endoscopes & general and specialty instruments, various power equipment
- Selects & prepares packaging materials for the sterilization of reusable instrumentation
- Trains personnel to select appropriate method of sterilization, maintain accurate sterilization records, properly load & unload sterilization cart items, verify that sterilization parameters meets before distribution of load
- Collects, cleans, checks, distributes, & tracks patient care equipment
- Orders patient care equipment, inventory assigned supply areas for replenishment, & rotates supplies & stocks general & surgical carts
- Reports all malfunctioning equipment to appropriate department
- Demonstrates awareness of personal & work area safety all times
- Complies w/ all facility safety policies & procedures, including those for blood borne pathogens & communicable diseases
- Takes prompt corrective action when hazard identified (reporting or removing, as appropriate) and attend required safety training
- Effective written & oral communication skills
- Actively supports & contributes teamwork in the workplace
- Rotates through daily work assignments to assist & review the work of other technicians
- Demonstrates responsibility in adhering to posted work schedules
- Assists w/ in-service & training
- May assume interdepartmental liaison responsibilities
- Motivates & provides work direction to other employees, but does not have the authority to hire, terminate, & conduct performance evaluations or discipline
- Performs other duties as assigned
- No supervisory responsibilities
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of current Sterile Processing experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Current CS/SPD Certification w/ either the Certification Board for Sterile Processing & Distribution (CBSPD) or the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management
- Must meet all the requirements of Certified Sterile Processing Technician II
- Must be able to train & report on the work performance of other employees as required
- Must be capable of performing all duties within the area of responsibility
- Ability to check all sterilization monitoring, record keeping & quality assurance practices
- Effective oral & written communication skills w/ co-workers, internal, & external customers
- Must have departmental related computer skills
- Ability to read & comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, & memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one & small group situations to customers, clients, & other incumbents of the organization
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment
- Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.