Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Clinical Health Educator II - Grade 587Location: Vallejo, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 783711 Date posted: 04/12/2019
- Assesses patient's educational needs on an individual and/or group basis in consultation with members of the PCT and to apply this assessment to designing educational interventions
- Conducts brief disease management, lifestyle and health risk counseling with patients and family members one-to one
- Promotes prevention and self-care strategies
- Coordinates, facilitates, and evaluates group visits for disease management and prevention and self-care education
- Identifies health education needs of the (PCT) Primary Care Team and provides consultation to team members on education and behavior change skills and strategies
- Selects and recommends appropriate educational materials in conjunction with the Facility Health Education Department
- Provides linkage to and from the Facility Health Education Department
- Arranges referrals to appropriate Kaiser Permanente and Community services
- Provides and promotes culturally appropriate interventions
- Collects, prepares reports, and documentation as needed for planning and quality assurance
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- A minimum of two (2) five (5) years experience in counseling or health education, preferably in a clinical setting
- Master's degree in public health, clinical psychology/health psychology, health science, counseling, or social work OR master's degree in a health related field that is applicable to the clinical environment, (i.e., Gerontology for Geriatrics department, Childhood Development in Pediatrics)
- For specialization - content expertise or certification required
- Knowledge of behavior change, adult learning, group process theory, and application
- Knowledge of PC applications required
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.