Building on Experience
From designing what's next to building the future of care, the work we do is driven by the needs of our members and employees. When you join our team, you'll work on large-scale projects that support the health of millions.
Construction Project ManagerLocation: Vallejo, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 844464 Date posted: 11/29/2019
- Responsible for all phases (planning, scheduling and managing) of the design and construction process for a construction or refurbishment project generally in the range of $25 million to $50 million in cumulative budget responsibility.
- Secures management support for project scopes budgets, and goals.
- Negotiates with local and state jurisdictions.
- Defines project parameters in terms of time, money, physical objectives and outside constraints.
- Develops and manages a project team comprised of facility administration, project coordinators, general contractors and contracted consultants responsible for developing project scope, budget and schedule.
- Leads team in establishing scope, budget and schedule, and maintains such commitments through design, construction, and close-out processes.
- Supervises on-site Design and Construction teams, communicating goals and project status with facility leadership.
- Evaluates and provides guidance during all planning stages of medical and regional facilities including making economic comparisons of development schemes, recommending options in conformance to master plan.
- Negotiates fees and business decisions for contracts with professional contractors.
- Reviews and approves consultant and contractor invoices, and approves change orders to contract documents.
- Ensures Facilities Services goals for client service are continuously met through the design and construction process.
- Ensures that projects are completed in compliance with Kaiser standards for quality/functionality and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Leads and manages timely procurement for all permits required by regulatory authorities.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Construction Careers
A leader in care since 1945, Kaiser Permanente has accrued a wealth of knowledge about building better hospitals, and we've also accumulated one of the largest real estate portfolios in the country. When you join our team, you build upon our experience and grow your own. With remarkable tools and resources at your fingertips — including massive online data systems that store everything from blueprints and templates to building codes and models — you'll make informed and accurate decisions right down to the last detail.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.