Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Imaging Assistant - On-CallLocation: Vancouver, WA Additional Locations:
Mill Plain One Specialty Care 203 SE Park Plaza Dr, 203 SE Park Plaza Dr. Ste. 140, Vancouver,Washington, 98684
Salmon Creek Medical/Dental Offices 14406 NE 20th, 14406 NE 20th Ave., Vancouver,Washington, 98684
Longview/Kelso Medical/Dental Offices 1230 Seventh, 1230 Seventh Ave., Longview,Washington, 98632
Orchards Medical Offices 7101 NE 137th Ave., 7101 NE 137th Ave., Orchards,Washington, 98662 Job Number: 830493 Date posted: 09/24/2019
- File Room: Order, track, locate, & file radiology images, jackets & requisitions. Ensure all studies are prepared for the radiologist to read. Ensure all studies have been read daily. Manage & resolve Quality Assurance issues in the file room. Communicate w/other members of the health care team any problems related to maintaining efficiency of the file room operation. Perform digitization & gateway management functions are necessary.
- Reception Desk, Appt Making: Greet patients in a friendly & professional manner to ensure optimal delivery of customer srv to patients, members & co-workers on the phone & in person using skills & abilities required for the age of the person being served. Check patients in for exams in an accurate & timely manner. Complete COPR forms correctly &/or any additional forms needed. Handle challenging situations so that patient & organization needs are met. Minimize emotional situations & accommodates member when organization has let member down. Ensure member receives proper written instructions & preparation info for exam. Pick up & deliver inter-Deptal mail, if applicable. Maintain computer appt schedule & files containing requisitions. Perform outreach calls as assigned.
- Flow Coordinator: Manages Dept voicemail & incoming calls. Coordinates member flow through imaging area. Serves as a liaison to areas that are supported by imaging. Communicates status updates to all involved parties. Manages add-on studies & coordinates transport. Schedules STAT & Urgent exams, & assists w/all scheduling as requested. Responsible for scheduling complicated studies usually involving areas outside of a specific imaging modality. Covers other areas & responsibilities, as needed to maintain operations. Assists w/preparation of various tumor board reviews. Prepares paperwork as requested per modality. Stock & tidy patient care & work areas. Monitor schedule templates & makes changes as directed. Chaperone as needed. Preform reminder calls as appropriate.
- Imaging Srvs Reg-l Records at the Process Center: Responsible for tasks covering Imaging Srvs, Reg-l Records operations to include; requesting jackets from storage, purging records, answering the telephone, responding to telephone voicemails & answering pages (after hours), digitizing mammograms & general radiology exams as well as documents & images for legal & research, managing images & documents via the gateway-inbound & outbound, sending & receiving images on film & CD, providing Images & documents for Release of Info & possibly other assigned duties. Communicate w/other members of the health care team to meet the needs to the patient.
- Imaging Srvs Reg-l Appointing Call Center: responsible for tasks covering Imaging Srvs, Reg-l Appointing Call Center operations, to include answering the Imaging Srvs appointing line & calling out to schedule all Imaging Srvs orders, including: MRI, Bone Density, Ultrasound, CT, PET CT, EEG, Nuclear Medicine, Fluoroscopy, Diagnostic & screening Mammograms & possibly other assigned duties. The schedulers must meet quality & srv standards, scheduling accurately, ordering cabs & interpreters as needed, providing cost share info upon request & providing an exceptional level of customer srv on every call. Communicate w/other members of the health care team to meet the needs to the patient.
- On regular basis, cooperates w/ other staff members both w/in & outside Dept in accomplishment of own job duties, as well as assisting others in accomplishing theirs; serves as team player & role model for other employees in organization always exhibiting traits of courtesy, caring, helpfulness & respect; conducts oneself in srv-oriented manner that is attentive, pleasant, cooperative, sensitive, respectful & kind when dealing w/members, visitors, public & employees.
- Performs other duties & accepts responsibility as assigned w/in scope of duties, including & not limited to: Answers telephone calls; ascertains caller's needs & assists them accordingly; obtains & records pertinent info. Operates office equipment: computer, calculator, copier, telephone, etc. Maintains equipment & supplies in clean, orderly, & useable condition; reports malfunctions/needs to Lead Technician, Biomed &/or Sup-v for appropriate action.
- Minimum six (6) months of experience in clerical position dealing with public.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers. This is required for any patient facing Imaging Assistant. If IA's move positions within the region, then they will need to acquire CPR certification within 30 days of accepting their new role.
- Basic human relations skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to take instruction.
- Demonstrated skills in organizing and prioritizing.
- Demonstrated command of the English language.
- Basic keyboard or computer skills.
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
- One (1) year of prior clerical experience in a medical setting.
- Experience with CADENCE system or other automated scheduling system.
- Kaiser work experience.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of radiation safety.
- Efficient data entry and typing skills.
- Dark room processing skills.
- Multi-line telephone skills.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.