Case Manager Extended Care Coordinator RN - Per Diem
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- In conjunction with physicians and healthcare team, develops an individual care plan based on patient assessment/evaluation and diagnostic tests.
- Monitors/evaluates patient progress and modifies treatment plan as appropriate in collaboration with the Multidisciplinary team.
- Recommends additional levels of care, therapy/rehabilitation when medically indicated as appropriate.
- Monitors levels and appropriateness of therapeutic and/or rehabilitative care.
- Implements strategies to assure that patients and caregivers comply with and understand the importance of follow through on plan of care in collaboration with the Multidisciplinary team.
- Provides individualized patient/family education which focuses on teaching self management.
- Conducts individual and team conferences to assist patients and family identify risk factors.
- Facilitates patients' return to normal daily activities by teaching and making appropriate referrals for outside services/continued care collaboratively.
- In conjunction with physicians and healthcare team, develops treatment program procedures, clinical guidelines/protocols and program evaluation/outcomes measures.
- Educates the Inpatient Case managers about appropriateness of transfers to the Skilled Nursing facility and protocol for transfers.
- Ensures that the patient has a safe and appropriate discharge.
- Orders DME as ordered by the physician.
- Screens by using senior metrics for Skilled patient expected Length of Stay.
- Responsible for educating the Inpatient Case managers/designees about the appropriateness of admissions to the Skilled Nursing facility and protocols for admission.
- Intervenes when there are quality issues surrounding the transfers.
- Notifies members about the co-payment associated with the Skilled Nursing transfer.
- Communicates with physicians and other care givers regarding patient progress by monitoring, evaluating and analyzing clinical, functional and psycho-social status/progress.
- Issues reports.
- Participates in inter-disciplinary case conferences and consultations.
- Consults with the physician regarding the Senior metrics for the appropriate length of stay for the Skilled population.
- Contributes to medical and nursing staff education by giving periodic in-service presentations.
- Recommended to be present at the inpatient UM staff meetings.
- Participates in review/evaluation of the quality, appropriateness and outcomes of diagnostic and therapeutic services and treatment programs.
- Participates in committees, teams or other work projects/duties as assigned.
• Minimum two (2) years of clinical experience as an RN in an acute care setting required.
ECC Antelope Valley: One (1) year of Utilization Management experience, to include Discharge Planning.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
• Current California RN license required.
• Current CA driver's license and a clear driving record for the past two years.
• Proof of automobile insurance as required by law.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize/apply the general and specialized principles, practices, techniques and methods of utilization review/management, discharge planning or case management.
• Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (TJC, Medicare, Medi-Cal, etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to utilize written and verbal communication, interpersonal, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Computer literacy skills required.
• Bachelor's degree in nursing or healthcare related field preferred or current equivalent related work experience preferred.
• Case Management Certification preferred.