Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Optical Dispenser - ON CALLLocation: Ventura, CA Job Number: 818889 Date posted: 09/04/2019
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
items to conform to corresponding optical prescriptions and established procedures.
- Patient Procedures and Activities: Assemble patient education materials.
- Assist provider in patient examinations and procedures.
- Consult with provider concerning procedures and patient condition.
- Complete patient forms and records.
- Laboratories: Clean work area.
- Attach temples to frames.
- Cut lenses to specified size and shape.
- Fit finished lenses into frames.
- Handle computer printouts.
- Inspect lenses and eyeglasses to verify correct processing of prescription.
- Investigate lost, misplaced or incorrectly filled prescription orders.
- Package eyeglasses in containers for courier pick up.
- Refine shape of lenses by smoothing edges.
- Adjust patient eyeglass frames.
- Assist patient in selecting optical items.
- Examine eyeglasses from laboratory.
- Make minor repairs and adjustments to eyeglasses.
- Maintain optical supplies.
- Measure patient facial features.
- Receive and ship finished eyeglasses.
- Materials and Supplies: Fill request for equipment and supplies.
- Maintain and order supplies.
- Maintain records of material usage/inventory levels.
- Clear paper jams and performs routine maintenance.
- Operate copier equipment.
- Administrative and other:
- Collect and compile cumulative data and statistics.
- Maintain department logs.
- Answer telephones and take messages.
- Orient and train new or less experienced personnel.
- Serve as resource person to co-workers by answering procedural questions and assisting in problem solving.
- Locate personnel by paging system or beeper.
- Attend conferences, meetings and in-service training programs.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Assists members with the selection of frames and lenses.
- Takes orders for eyewear and miscellaneous optical items.
- Dispenses and adjusts eyewear and Ophthamalic appliances, making minor repairs as required.
- Takes facial measurements of members to fit eyewear needs.
- Provides members with information regarding eyewear, product options and eyewear services.
- Manages and resolves member eyewear complaints.
- Creates and maintains neat, attractive and sales effective frame displays.
- Maintains departmental supplies including but not limited to frame inventory, eyeglass cases, tools and equipment for daily operations.
- Returns re-called frames/optical items by specified due dates.
- Inspects eyeglasses to insure conformance with prescribed/ordered specifications.
- Processes jobs in bench room.
- Contacts members, optical lab and clinics concerning eyewear orders and prescriptions.
- Determines member vision eligibility and benefits.
- Attends staff meetings and training s as required, maintaining current knowledge of all computer systems designated for the operation of the department.
- Establishes and maintain courteous, cooperative relations when interacting with other personnel, Health Plan members, and the public.
- May perform other duties as required.
- One (1) year of recent full-time optical dispensing experience which may include complete optical lab bench room work.
- High school diploma/ GED.
- Current knowledge of optical theory, practices and lab techniques-interpretation of prescription lenses/ products available and entire eyewear fabrication process including measure, fit, adjust and repair.
- ABO Certification.
Thousand Oaks 325 E. Hillcrest Dr. Parking, 325 E. Hillcrest Dr., Thousand Oaks,California, 91360
Porter Ranch Medical Offices 20000 Rinaldi St., 20000 Rinaldi St., Porter Ranch,California, 91326 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0 Shift: Evening Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: 3:00 PM Working Hours End: 7:30 PM Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: United Healthcare Workers - West Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Patient Care Services (Non RN) Department: Optical Dispensing Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!