Optometric Assistant - On Call Evening Shift - Ventura
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Pay Grade: 24
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
- Ability to conduct recent visual fields, NCT, and other vision screening.
- Optical and vision service background including customer service/retail experience.
- Ability to demonstrate inter-personal skills, oral and written communication skills; must meet attendance requirements/standards.
- Ability to efficiently manage patient flow to correspond with optometry appointment types and time lines.
- Preferred Qualifications: A hiring manager may specify Preferred Qualifications, which are desirable and above and beyond the requirements specified in the Minimum Qualifications section above. Please keep in mind that any such Preferred Qualifications should be job related and relevant (i.e.,directly related to the duties and responsibilities described in this Job Description) and stated in non-prejudicial language.
- Optometry, Optical and/or Ophthalmology department/office training.
- Understanding of contact lens fitting.
- Legible penmanship, problem solving skills.
- Must travel to all locations in service area including Woodland Hills, Porter Ranch, Thousand Oaks, and Ventura.
- Must work nights and weekends.
Thousand Oaks 365 E. Hillcrest Dr. Medical Offices, 365 E. Hillcrest Dr., Thousand Oaks,California, 91360
Woodland Hills Medical Center, 5601 De Soto Ave., Woodland Hills,California, 91367
Porter Ranch Medical Offices, 20000 Rinaldi St., Porter Ranch,California, 91326 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1 Shift: Evening Workdays: Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat Working Hours Start: 03:00 PM Working Hours End: 07:00 PM Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B01|SEIU|Local 399 Job Level: Entry Level Department: MARKET STREET MEDICAL OFFICES - Optometry-Regular Clinic - 0806 Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.