Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Orthopedic Tech ILocation: Ventura, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 754534 Date posted: 12/26/2018
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Assists the physician/provider with all routine orthopedic devices and orthopedic clinical surgical procedures.
- The following is a non-exhaustive list of functions in the Medical Office or Hospital Setting:
- May apply casts, splints, traction or other orthopedic devices to the extent that this is a technical function that does not involve choosing the appropriate treatment.
- Remove casts, splints, and orthopedic devices.
- Prepare the patient for procedures.
- Set up instruments and equipment for procedures.
- Apply and remove bandages and dressings that does not involve debridement.
- Provide written instructions to patients regarding proper cast care and use of crutches and devices.
- Remove sutures or staples from superficial incisions after sutures/staples have been assessed for removal by a provider.
- Assist patients in ambulation and transfers.
- Collect and record patient data including height, weight, temperature, pulse, respiration rate and blood pressure and basic information about the presenting and previous condition(s)
- Record patient care services provided in the medical record.
- Other technical or administrative tasks as required.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by the individuals assigned to this position and, as such, are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Pay Grade: 24
- Graduate of an accredited Orthopedic Technician program or equivalent training in the military or eighteen (18) months of full time Ortho Tech experience.
- High school diploma/GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to utilize principles, practices and techniques of basic human anatomy, types of fractures, orthopedic equipment and use of casts and splints.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply knowledge of cast application, traction and orthopedic appliance application.
- Ability to demonstrate and utilize knowledge of surgical orthopedic and sterile techniques.
- Customer service skills.
- Certified by the National Board for Certification of Orthopedic Technologists (NBCOT).
- Position will work 8 hour shifts, providing cast room assistance, back up coverage, as well as procedure assistance in clinic only.
- Hours will vary between 8am-7pm.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.