Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care
Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
Psychiatric Social WorkerLocation: Ventura, CA Job Number: 898506 Date posted: 08/25/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Timely and appropriate assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and treatment intervention of members.
- Appropriate selection of treatment modality to member's presenting problem.
- Is an effective communicator of clinical material to member and clinical staff.
- Provides high internal and external customer/patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of treatment methodologies.
- Provides appropriate and timely documentation of clinical encounters in member's charts.
- Is knowledgeable of KP and community resources.
- Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patient's clinical care and license.
- Maintains license.
- Conduct initial interview with Members by eliciting and interpreting the psychological and social meaning of complaints.
- Determines urgency of member's need.
- Provides a professional interpretation of member's presentation and recommends a course of therapeutic action, selects appropriate treatment modality.
- Provides treatment to adults, adolescents and children.
- Renders appropriate and immediate guidance&therapy for members in crisis or in need of clinical services.
- Maintains written record of therapy, prepares reports and letter; phones, writes and visits (with member permission) social agencies, schools relatives, friends to obtain pertinent information.
- Provides clinical consultation in an integrated health care environment regarding family interactions, sociocultural determinants and community resources.
- Provides telephone assessment, counseling, resource information and referrals.
- Proficient in identifying and treating the span of developmental stages.
- Proficient in various treatment modalities including, but not limited to individual, group family & child therapy.
- Complies with organizational, departmental, state/federal guidelines&all regulatory agency policies and procedures.
- Participates in QM & CQI activities.
- Two (2) years of post graduate experience in a behavioral health setting required.
- Master's degree in social work required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid and current CA LCSW license required. May consider LMFT, with a master's degree in a Behavioral Health field, job code 65339, for this position.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize current DSM nomenclature required.
- Per Diem psych social worker to cover any duties within scope of license as needed (Addiction and/or Psychiatry Services: therapy, Crisis, OD, Case Management, Groups, BHIOS, IOP, External Provider Panel case management, working with all ages, child, teen, transitional age youth, adults, older adults)
- Variable hours and days (Mon-Sun, 7a-7p) based on the needs of the department.
- Position will be primarily located in Ventura, however, may be asked to provide care in any of our existing behavioral health clinics as needed.
- May be filled by LCSW or LMFT.
Thousand Oaks Lease 145 Hodencamp Rd. Ste. 100, 145 Hodencamp Rd. Ste. 100, Thousand Oaks,California, 91360
Woodland Hills Medical Center 5601 De Soto Ave., 5601 De Soto Ave., Woodland Hills,California, 91367
Simi Valley Medical Offices 2 3855-A Alamo St., 3855-A Alamo St., Simi Valley,California, 93063 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: Varies Working Hours End: Varies Job Schedule: Per Diem Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUHW Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Behavioral / Mental Health Department: Behavioral Health Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!