Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Implements designated parts of treatment plan with guidance from appropriate occupational therapist and within clinical guidelines. Reviews patient chart and obtains medical and precaution information prior to each treatment requiring alteration of treatment; consults with appropriate personnel. Implements and modifies treatment plan under Registered Occupational Therapist (OTR). Provides therapeutic exercise, ADL training and training of adaptive equipment, and industrial rehabilitation activities as appropriate. Reports observations and patients responses to service to OTR on a timely basis. Involves patient and family for ADL, exercise, equipment information, and home program instruction. Documents treatment outcome daily. Identifies short- and long-term goals; establishes treatment plan and method, as directed by supervising OTR. Recommends to supervising OTR termination of services upon reaching established goals or when appropriate.
- Performs selected measurement procedures and discusses results with appropriate occupational therapist for their interpretation. Documents changes in patient status, treatment progression, achievement of goals, and need for discharge evaluation. Communicates such to attending occupational therapist.
- Consults with appropriate occupational therapist regarding patients; documents conferences.
- Provides and participates in in-service and community education within scope of knowledge base.
- Oversees work assignments of COTA students and volunteers.
- Demonstrates working knowledge and appropriate application of CPT-4 codes for all services provided. Keeps abreast of coding modifications and/or definitions.
- Associates degree in Occupational Therapy.
- CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers required at hire OR Basic Life Support required at hire
- Occupational Therapy Assistant License (Hawaii) required at hire
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Certificate from National Board for Certification of Orthopedic Technologists
- Ability to physically assist patients in performing functional tasks and therapeutic exercises.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, interpersonal relations, customer service, group process facilitation, problem solving, systems thinking, and teamwork.
- One (1) year working in medical facility with thorough understanding of physical, mental, psychological, and social needs of patients from medical standpoint.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest