Supporting Total Health
Good nutrition is vital to supporting and maintaining total body wellness. Whether you're a registered dietitian, a nutritionist, or a food services professional, you'll promote our mission and spread good health through good nutrition when you join our team.
Clinical Dietitian - OutpatientLocation: Wailuku, HI Additional Locations:
Kihei Medical Offices 1279 S. Kihei Rd. #120, 1279 S. Kihei Rd. #120, Kihei Maui,Hawaii, 96753
Lahaina Medical Offices 910 Wainee St., 910 Wainee St., Lahaina,Hawaii, 96761
Lani Medical Offices 55 Lani Pkwy., 55 Maui Lani Pkwy., Wailuku,Hawaii, 96793
Lani Elua Medical Offices 75 Lani Pkwy., 75 Maui Lani Pkwy., Wailuku Maui,Hawaii, 96793 Job Number: 809329 Date posted: 08/05/2019
Assesses, develops, implements, and monitors patient's nutritional needs for delivery of comprehensive nutrition care services. Plans, develops, and participates in providing nutrition information through educational programs and nutrition handouts. Assists with planning, development, and implementation of department programs, policies, and goals.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and coordinates nutritional care plans based on assessment of client's needs with other health professionals.
- Counsels individuals and family members on nutritional principles, dietary plans, food selection and economics. Adapts plans to individual client's needs, lifestyle and cultural eating habits. Provides follow-up for continuity of care.
- Communicates nutritional care data through record systems to include Medical Records, Dietary Information Record and Special Consult Referrals.
- Provides consultation to medical team regarding diet prescriptions, nutritional assessment and care plans. Serves as resource person.
- Participates as consultant in medical rounds and educational conferences involving dietary treatment and management.
- Develops and implements ongoing patient care surveys to evaluate impact of services provided. Identifies problems and address needs.
- Compiles, selects, or develops educational resource materials.
- Conducts, evaluates, or participates in development of nutrition education programs for health members and community groups.
- Develops, organizes, and conducts orientation and in-service education training programs for professional and non-professional staff.
- Develops and implements short and long range department goals and objectives.
- Maintains effective written and verbal communications and public relations inter and intra-departmentally.
- Minimum six (6) months of related experience or successful completion of training program (pre-hire, post-hire, or on-the-job) in area of specialty, if applicable.
- Bachelor's degree in food and nutritional sciences or related field.
- Accredited Dietetic Internship (DI) by the American Dietetic Association (ADA).
License, Certification, Registration
- Certified Registered Dietitian (RD) by the American Dietetic Association (ADA).
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Taxonomy code required at time of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use resources for research.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in group presentations, interpersonal relations, customer service and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing and multimedia presentations.
- Minimum one (1) year of clinical dietetic counseling and nutritional teaching experience.
- Master's degree in food and nutritional sciences or related field.
- State of Hawaii Licensed Dietitian (LD).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in spreadsheet and database PC applications.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Whether you're supporting the health of our members, employees, or communities, the work you do supports our proactive approach to health. Opportunities exist in outpatient and inpatient care, health education, menu planning, food preparation, and more. In many of these roles, you may find yourself counseling members and community groups on their nutritional practices and educating them on how the right diet can help prevent disease and promote health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.