Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Accounts for coding and abstracting of patient encounters, including diagnostic and procedural information, significant reportable elements and complications. Researches and analyzes data needs for reimbursement. Analyzes medical record and identifies documentation deficiencies. Serves as resource and subject matter expert to other coding staff.
- Reviews and verifies documentation supports diagnoses, procedures and treatment results. Identifies diagnostic and procedural information.
- Minimum two (2) years of hospital licensed space certified coding experience required.
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required.
- Post high school coursework in medical records administration, anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Registered Health Information Technician Certificate OR Registered Health Information Administrator Certificate OR Certified Coding Specialist OR Professional Coder Certificate
- Experience with International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10 and ICD-10-PCS), Current Procedure Terminology (CPT4), and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) coding systems, and other related documentation requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the clinical content of a health record.
- Knowledge of and experience in medical record department functions, diagnosis related groups, and prospective payment system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet and database PC applications.
- Minimum three (3) years of hospital licensed space experience as a Certified Hospital Coder.
- Completion of an accredited Health Information Management program.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest