Diagnostic Medical Sonographer II - MMMC
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under direct and indirect supervision, and medical direction of physician section head, performs diagnostic, therapeutic, and biopsy ultrasound procedures.
- Performs ultrasound studies and biopsy/aspiration procedures. Positions patients and provides immobilization means and patient counseling as required. Selects proper transducer frequency for performance of study. Reviews orders, prepares schedules and consults with attending Radiologists and Registered Nurses as needed. Recognizes electronic equipment limitations. Recognizes significance of all structures visualized sonographically. Determines artifacts as well as normal anatomy as appropriate for creating a comprehensive final study. Remains able to deviate from normal techniques when necessary to provide wider latitude of visualization. Collaborates with referring physicians to plan or arrange appropriate studies. Maintains daily records of exams performed.
- Minimum one (1) year post graduate sonography experience.
- Completion of approved ultrasound training program recognized by CAAHEP; or one (1) year experience in a directly related area.
- CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers OR Basic Life Support
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Certificate
- Clinical ultrasound experience, including experience or successful completion of training program (pre-hire, post-hire, or on-the-job) in area of specialty, if applicable.
- Ultrasound experience in general, breast, vascular and obstetrics imaging.
- Associates degree in related field.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest