Supporting Total Health
Good nutrition is vital to supporting and maintaining total body wellness. Whether you're a registered dietitian, a nutritionist, or a food services professional, you'll promote our mission and spread good health through good nutrition when you join our team.
Dietician Aide (RC)Location: Wailuku, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 622454 Date posted: 08/24/2017
- Ensures meal orders have been transmitted to correct location for meal preparation. Prints and processes patient food service reports, including meal census and food tally report. Records all assigned data such as patient meal census and floor stock requests on paper logs or electronic spreadsheet.
- Answers and directs telephone calls and/or faxes as appropriate. Consistently logs in and out of the Automated Call Distribution System. Assists members, staff and visitors who enter Food and Nutrition Services office.
- May assist with room service delivery as needed. Assists with assembling patient trays, loading carts and delivering meals to patients. Checks accuracy of meal tray against printed tray ticket menu.
- Processes patient menu selections utilizing computerized diet office system. Updates, monitors, and follows-up on all pertinent information such as new patient admissions, discharges, transfers, diet order changes, food allergies, food preferences and food requests. Communicates pertinent information to Dietitian.
- Writes and modifies menus as needed according to patient diet prescription using established resources/guidelines. Clarifies unclear or missing diet orders with nursing staff.
- Performs general office duties. Maintains department files and records and supplies. Photocopies forms as needed.
- Orients new employees to position.
- Monitors and adheres to standards and procedures for department security, safety and sanitation.
Substitutes appropriate foods on tray line as necessary. Reports necessary equipment repair to maintenance or appropriate staff.
- Serves as a dietary resource for nursing and other staff. Resolves problems with patient trays. May provide general information on diet utilizing approved materials and resources.
- Six (6) months nutrition-related experience.
- High school diploma with post high school coursework in basic nutrition or equivalent combination of education (lesser) and experience may be considered in lieu of requirements.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, customer service, interpersonal relations, oral and written communication, problem solving, quality management, teamwork, basic computer and telephone use, environmental sensitivity and awareness which create a positive customer experience (NOISE).
- Effectively communication with co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking, understanding English.
- Orienting team members, giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability to calculate weights and measures/volumes, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing, accuracy), concentration, and alertness.
- Experience in a call center.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Whether you're supporting the health of our members, employees, or communities, the work you do supports our proactive approach to health. Opportunities exist in outpatient and inpatient care, health education, menu planning, food preparation, and more. In many of these roles, you may find yourself counseling members and community groups on their nutritional practices and educating them on how the right diet can help prevent disease and promote health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.