Facilities Services & Materials Management
Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Director Engineering and Plant OperationsLocation: Wailuku, HI Job Number: 924370 Date posted: 12/15/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors and/or staff, the coordination of the activities of a service area or region departments with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Manages the budget and resource allocations. Manages the financial performance; identifies and recommends strategies/best practices to reduce costs and improve service.
- Manages and resolves human resources, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues.
- Participates in the design, development, implementation of programs, policies and procedures to ensure all facilities (building, structures, systems, equipment, furnishings and physical environment) and grounds are maintained in an operationally effective, clean and safe manner.
- Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of governmental and accrediting agencies.
- Schedules, manages, documents, and maintains records of a comprehensive preventive maintenance program.
- Manages the landscaping maintenance as well as contractual services required to maintain all grounds and public sidewalks; schedules their upkeep and repairs to maintain them for safety, aesthetics, and effective operation.
- If applicable, ensures the medical center is in compliance with fire prevention, general safety, seismic conformance, health hazards protection - plans.
- Maintains and updates safety and emergency operations plans as needed.
- Plans and manages construction projects as may be required.
- May develop, implement and maintain related elements of the Environment of Care programs and submit summary reports to the Environment of Care committee as necessary.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.