Director Engineering & Plant Operations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Accountable for the management, operations, and financial performance of Engineering and Plant Operations, including the ongoing maintenance and repair of the buildings, mechanical/electrical systems, equipment and grounds, and for the provision of a safe working environment for buildings in the Maui Health System.
- Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors and/or staff, the coordination of the activities of a service area or region departments with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Manages the budget and resource allocations. Manages the financial performance; identifies and recommends strategies/best practices to reduce costs and improve service.
- Manages and resolves human resources, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues.
- Participates in the design, development, implementation of programs, policies and procedures to ensure all facilities (building, structures, systems, equipment, furnishings and physical environment) and grounds are maintained in an operationally effective, clean and safe manner.
- Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of governmental and accrediting agencies.
- Schedules, manages, documents, and maintains records of a comprehensive preventive maintenance program.
- Manages the landscaping maintenance as well as contractual services required to maintain all grounds and public sidewalks; schedules their upkeep and repairs to maintain them for safety, aesthetics, and effective operation.
- If applicable, ensures the medical center is in compliance with fire prevention, general safety, seismic conformance, health hazards protection - plans.
- Maintains and updates safety and emergency operations plans as needed.
- Plans and manages construction projects as may be required.
- May develop, implement and maintain related elements of the Environment of Care programs and submit summary reports to the Environment of Care committee as necessary.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in plant operations, maintenance, renovation and related activities.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelors degree in business administration, public health or engineering required OR four (4) years of experience in facility maintenance/management industry or directly related experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Demonstrated experience developing operational standards, policies and practices which contribute to organizational efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Experience in the management of building systems and possess knowledge of advanced building engineering principles, especially as they relate to the medical care environment required.
- Background in facility management, construction management and project management.
- Requires full knowledge of own area of functional responsibility and working knowledge of another function.
- Proficient in team building, conflict resolution, group dynamics, and project and budget management.
- Expert knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations.
- Health care industry experience preferred.
- Professional designation such as CFM or CHFM preferred.
- Masters degree preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest