Housekeeping Aide - ASC
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under indirect supervision, cleans and services assigned areas to ensure safety, health and morale of patients, visitors, and employees; assists in providing clean, attractive, safe environment with minimal interference to others.
- Sweeps, mops, washes, strips/scrubs, refinishes floor; cleans and/or polishes floor using buffing machine.
- Vacuums, spot-cleans, shampoos and/or extracts carpets when assigned.
- Collects, bags, transports and disposes or refuse and hazardous/infectious waste in sanitary and safe manner.
- Sorts and stores recyclable as instructed.
- Cleans and disinfects all surfaces, using ladder when necessary (e.g. furniture, fixtures, glass, walls, ceilings, tops of windows, doorframes, equipment).
- Washes and disinfects sinks, toilets and other plumbing fixtures; replaces disposable (e.g. paper towels, soap, toilet paper).
- Cleans and prepares discharge units; makes beds; reports availability of bed/unit upon completion.
- Uses detergents, disinfectants, finishes and other cleaning chemicals according to manufacturer's directions.
- Moves furniture, beds, supplies and other equipment.
- Informs supervisor of supplies needed; notifies supervisor of equipment and facilities in need of repair.
- Maintains basic records and reports as required; maintains personal appearance; maintains neat and orderly work area.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, customer service, and teamwork.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness.
- Three (3) months work experience.
- High school diploma.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest