Human Resources Business Partner
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This position collaborates with HR and business partners to deliver solutions on employee and/or labor relations issues, leads and/or partners on HR investigations based on standard Maui Health System or negotiated labor practices, conducts reporting of Company employee information and external benchmarks, and supports and provides consultation to ensure HR compliance.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to a procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating issues or risks as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and evaluating recommendations made by others.
- Serves as first point of contact between HR Centers of Excellence and business stakeholders to influence the development and deployment of strategies, programs, policies, and procedures by partnering with business leaders on strategies and business objectives; assessing HR impact in consideration of changing business strategies; researching and analyzing organizational data and processes to identify trends, root causes, and potential solutions to HR issues; delivering data driven recommendations on HR efforts; coaching and serving as a strategic partner with executive/senior leaders; and aligning and providing solutions in consideration of both HR and business objectives.
- Conducts company human resources support activities by providing guidance and subject matter expertise to internal and external stakeholders on diverse HR specialties (e.g., equal opportunity/affirmative action, disability management, recruitment and hiring options, compensation, employee benefits, training); identifying and leveraging additional resources and expertise; performing human resources activities; ensuring human resources align with Maui Health System standards; and ensuring human resources activities are fully documented.
- Drives and/or partners on the development and implementation of organizational change efforts by identifying requirements; assessing information to identify solutions to obstacles and mitigating risks; consulting with internal and external stakeholders on change management strategy; providing input in the creation or revision of change management plans; developing communications; communicating regional differences at a national level; and monitoring ongoing impact of organizational changes or efforts on employees.
- Collaborates with HR and business partners to deliver solutions on employee and/or labor relations issues by providing consultation on employee relations matters (e.g., performance management, employee discipline issues); conducting research and providing advice and assistance on employment related regulations at the State and Federal level; influencing leadership regarding employee relations policies, procedures, and documentation; researching, identifying, and analyzing employee relations concerns; attending arbitration and negotiations; coordinating problem resolution; and escalating issues based on supporting data.
- Leads and/or partners on HR investigations based on standard Maui Health System or negotiated labor practices by coordinating the collection and analysis of quantitative andqualitative data; leading interviews; researching key business issues; identifying potential action steps; creating appropriate documentation; and evaluating and recommending corrective action plans for substantiated allegations.
- Conducts reporting of Company employee information and external benchmarks by compiling, completing, reviewing and interpreting reports and analyses; identifying key insights to develop solutions for diverse HR issues; and partnering in the design and implementation of new metrics or reports.
- Supports and provides consultation to ensure HR compliance by staying abreast of current compliance regulations;
- providing support and expertise to business partners regarding regulatory changes; and driving the implementation of designated changes.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in human resources or business operations.
- Minimum three (1) year experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business, Social Science, Public Administration or related field OR four (4) years of directly related experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Leadership experience obtained through high level consultative, program administration and/or project management/facilitation accountabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant employment and labor laws and regulations.
- Four (4) years health care experience.
- Four (4) years experience working cross-functionally across departments, functions, or business lines.
- Four (4) years human resources consulting experience.
- Four (4) years experience as an HR generalist or working across multiple HR disciplines.
- Masters degree in Human Resources, Business, Social Science, Public Administration or related field.
- Human Resources Professional Certification (SHRM-CP or PHR).
- Senior Human Resources Professional Certification (SHRM-SCP or SPHR).