Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Consults, educates, and advises lactating mothers with breastfeeding problems. Conducts patient and family interviews.
- Plans, organizes and delivers lactation management services to breastfeeding patients, both in-patient and outpatient. Consults with inter-disciplinary team members as required and adjusts plans as indicated to ensure optimal breastfeeding success and achievements of goals.
- Performs systematic follow-up on breastfeeding mother and baby referring any with abnormal findings to physician. Presents data to physician for review, decision and final action if needed.
- Calls mothers after discharge from hospital as appropriate. Makes appropriate in-house or outside community referrals.
- Provides accurate parental advice via Lactation Advice Line.
- Makes timely and appropriate referrals to Home Health or Clinic to ensure proper follow-up.
- Maintains documentation of assessment, lactation services provided, evaluation and follow-up in accordance with hospital policies, procedures and standards.
- Participates appropriately in communication and decision-making activities within the maternity, newborn, and pediatric services.
- Participates in the selection of appropriate breastfeeding related supplies and educational material for clients.
- Communicates with nursing staff and physicians and other staff as needed.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in Obstetric and/or Newborn nursing.
- Graduate from accredited school of nursing.
- Neonatal Resusitation Program
- International Board Lactation Consultant Examiners Certificate
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii) required at hire
- CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers OR Basic Life Support
- Experience in lactation assessment and problem solving.
- Experience in teaching mothers.
- Physical/Psychosocial assessment skills.
- Bachelors degree in nursing.