The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
LPN - Clinic I / II (Meds)Location: Wailuku, HI Additional Locations:
Kihei Medical Offices 1279 S. Kihei Rd. #120, 1279 S. Kihei Rd. #120, Kihei Maui,Hawaii, 96753
Lahaina Medical Offices 910 Wainee St., 910 Wainee St., Lahaina,Hawaii, 96761
Wailuku Medical Offices 80 Mahalani St., 80 Mahalani St., Wailuku,Hawaii, 96793
Lani Elua Medical Offices 75 Lani Pkwy., 75 Maui Lani Pkwy., Wailuku Maui,Hawaii, 96793 Job Number: 808848 Date posted: 07/12/2019
- Reviews and prepares medical records for assigned patients; initiates follow-up for medical record as requested; reviews patients- needs; identifies and prepares orders for needs of patient for authorization by practitioner and may accept verbal orders per policy; observes, collects, and documents new information on patient; informs RN or practitioners regarding incomplete data, new observation or abnormal/unusual data
- Demonstrates and applies competency in basic nursing skills and use of equipment; maintains current knowledge and skills needed to perform position; attends and participates in staff meetings as needed; participates in projects as requested
- Assigns basic nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel as appropriate and according to department/unit standards; provides clear directions; acts as resource person to unlicensed staff; follows-up on assigned care to ensure it is given per standards, policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines
- Follows discharge plan developed by Physician or RN; processes and/or follows-up with referrals as directed by practitioners; provides instruction and pre-printed information to patients as directed by RN and/or Practitioners, observes and documents patient/family response to instructions and reports any concerns
- Provides educational materials to patients and reviews printed instructions with patients; collaborates with RN to revise teaching plan when needed
- Implements basic nursing procedures per plan of care; administers treatments and medications as prescribed practitioner; performs point of care testing as authorized; provides laboratory, x-ray and other reports to practitioner for review; notifies patients of normal results as directed by practitioner; considers special needs of different age groups when providing care; sets priorities of care based on acuity of patients
- Additional essential functions as listed in the complete job description
Additional for Licensed Practical Nurse - Clinic I:
- Orients and serves as a resource to LPN Clinic/Meds II and unlicensed personnel as needed; demonstrates and instructs other team members in use of vendor specific products and /or department/unit standards and procedures
- Valid Hawaii LPN License (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure) by date of hire/transfer.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone
- Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English
- Training/giving and receiving instructions
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness
- Previous nursing experience.
- Previous clinic experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing and spreadsheet PC applications.
Additional for Licensed Practical Nurse - Clinic I:
- Acute care nursing experience.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.