LPN II - Primary Care (32 hours) Maui
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Reviews and prepares medical records for assigned patients; initiates follow-up for medical record as requested; reviews patients needs; identifies and prepares orders for needs of patient for authorization by practitioner and may accept verbal orders per policy; observes, collects, and documents new information on patient; informs RN or practitioners regarding incomplete data, new observation or abnormal/unusual data.
- Implements basic nursing procedures per plan of care; administers treatments and medications as prescribed practitioner; performs point of care testing as authorized; provides laboratory, x-ray and other reports to practitioner for review; notifies patients of normal results as directed by practitioner; considers special needs of different age groups when providing care; sets priorities of care based on acuity of patients. As appropriate, may administer intradermal local anesthetic for IV placement.
- Documents implementation of orders/interventions; records findings, instructions, and patient responses on appropriate forms or on-line records using department and/or JCAHO standards.
- Observes patients/familys responses to plan of care; reports unexpected responses to RN or practitioners; collaborates with RN to revise care plan when needed.
- Demonstrates and applies competency in basic nursing skills and use of equipment; maintains current knowledge and skills needed to perform position; attends and participates in staff meetings as needed; participates in projects as requested.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient care/clinic situation; follows established procedures; informs appropriate persons.
- Assigns basic nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel as appropriate and according to department/unit standards; provides clear directions; acts as resource person to unlicensed staff; follows-up on assigned care to ensure it is given per standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Follows discharge plan developed by Physician or RN; processes and/or follows-up with referrals as directed by practitioners; provides instruction and pre-printed information to patients as directed by RN and/or Practitioners, observes and documents patient/family response to instructions and reports any concerns.
- Provides educational materials to patients and reviews printed instructions with patients; collaborates with RN to revise teaching plan when needed.
- Participates in orientation of new personnel.
- Demonstrates sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities in area of specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care and/or service appropriate to age groups served.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
- Hawaii State Board of Nursing approved curriculum for LPN licensure.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Hawaii) required at hire
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in conflict resolution, customer service, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, teamwork, and written communication.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g., organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration and alertness.
- Previous nursing experience.
- Previous clinic experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing and spreadsheet PC applications.