Mammography Technologist (On-Call Variable shift in Wailuku)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under direct and indirect supervision, performs mammography examinations with physician supervision; maintains responsibility for monitoring and quality control of all mammographic studies.
- Completes patient history/breast assessment form and transmits form into the Radiology PACS system.
- Performs mammography studies and procedures. Positions patients, applies compression, provides immobilization means and patient counseling as required. Selects technical factors and protocols that result in optimum imaging for each individual patient. Reviews orders with peers and consults with attending Radiologists as needed. Maintains daily records of exams performed. May perform stereotactic biopsy procedures. Supports the Mobile Health Vehicle as needed.
- Follows all National Patient Safety Goals. Receives and double identifies patients using appropriate criteria prior to performing the study ordered. Ensures accuracy of information and data entry, while maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality. Captures required documentation in Radiology Information System (RIS.)
- Prepares sterile fields as required and directed; prepares floor stock medications; ensures sterility of surgical packs, trays and disposables to be used in assigned area. Maintains appropriate and adequate supplies during the procedures.
- Assists radiologist during exams and procedures as needed; capturing specific mammography images and assisting with biopsy specimen collection. Operates and understands all features and performance capabilities of the mammography systems: performs system quality control (QC) as required.
- Post processes and performs quality control (QC) of mammography images as required; prepares images for Radiologist interpretation, and transmittals images to the Diagnostic Imaging PACS system.
- Maintains working knowledge of all department equipment and devices. Reports equipment malfunctions appropriately.
- Assumes responsibilities for the needs of patient during procedure. Provides fear/stress reducing service-oriented communication with patient; explaining procedure; answering questions; providing encouragemnet. Emphasizes a personalized, individualized, compassionate patient care atmosphere at all times. Dismisses patients for transport and/or assists with patient transport at end of procedure.
- Provides instructions on appropriate safety measures to patients, family members, and hospital staff as required; ensures appropriate safety precautions are followed. Applies appropriate measures (ALARA Principles) for minimizing radiation exposure. Captures and records radiation dose delivered during the procedure.
- Functions as part of resuscitation team during Code Blue and/or Rapid Response Team situations.
- Maintains all materials needed and linen supply on daily basis; maintains general order and cleanliness of room assigned.
- Pursues ongoing continuing education.
- Attends departmental meetings and/or inservice presentations as needed or required. Reads and initials minutes of such meetings when excused absence precludes attendance.
- Minimum one (1) year (2,080 hours) general radiology experience as a registered technologist, including experience or successful completion of training program (pre-hire, post- hire, or on -the-job) in area of specialty, if applicable.
- Minimum one (1) year mammography experience.
- Associates degree in radiologic technology; or two (2) years of directly related experience.
- Radiographer License (Hawaii)
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certificate - Mammography Technologist
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest