Member Care Services AssociateWailuku, Hawaii
Mental health is an essential component of total health. As mental health professionals, we’re on the front lines every day, using the latest advances to help those in need. If you share our passion for care and our commitment to helping those around us, you’ll have the resources you need to make a real difference. Our services include adult and child therapy as well as help with addiction and eating disorders.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
These are the traits of the most successful members of our behavioral health team.
- Good listener
- Results driven
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Vacation, Holiday & Sick Leave
Supportive Teams & Resources
NOTE: Benefits may vary based on your Kaiser Permanente region, position, scheduled hours, and representation by collective bargaining or employee groups. *Offerings vary by location.
We offer a mental health environment that's unique both in the way we treat our patients and in the way we support our health care professionals. Here, we practice evidence-based care in a team setting that’s focused on the needs of the individual, the family and the population as a whole. This gives your patients the opportunity to work towards achieving their physical, mental, and behavioral health goals. On our teams, we hold social justice as a shared value and are committed to addressing and eliminating stigma associated with mental health and addiction. Working as part of a team also helps support your own career growth while you provide high-quality strengths-based, brief, solution-focused, and episodic mental health care.
What Our Employees Say
Psychiatric Social Worker
“Kaiser Permanente has been an excellent platform for me to grow as a professional. The organization has demonstrated its commitment to the continued growth of its employees through the training it offers and encourages. I’ve always resonated with the organization’s integrated approach to health care, and its recognition of how essential good mental health is to a person’s overall well-being.”
Licensed Certified Social Worker
“I would recommend and do recommend working for Kaiser Permanente. It’s a professional, clean, friendly, fast-paced environment and there is a real trust and respect for clinical staff no matter what role we serve. I love feeling valued and heard and am thankful to have found an environment that provides that.”
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
“This is the best place to work because of the commitment to the total health of our members, the work/life balance, the possibilities to use clinical skills in a variety of capacities within the organization and opportunities for personal and professional growth. As employees of Kaiser Permanente, we all have a voice and are encouraged to use it.”
Clinical Program Manager
“At Kaiser Permanente, I have opportunities to learn and work in a professional setting with people who are passionate about patient care. I love my career as a therapist and now as a manager! I really enjoy helping others and learning new interventions and modalities. These ensure my personal and professional growth.”
“Kaiser Permanente is a health care leader who sets trends and makes a difference in industry practices and protocols. I like the extraordinary resources available to do my job, the servant leadership of my manager and director, and the high standard of business and clinical ethics.”
PsyD, Clinical Psychologist
“We’re an innovative, vision-forward company. While Integrative-Care models are relatively new, we’ve been on the frontlines of building out a high-functioning integrated team for over a decade. Within this model of care, we’re pushed to think out of the box when it comes to patient care, be collaborative, and succeed in a fast-paced environment.”
PhD, Licensed Certified Social Worker – Clinical
“Kaiser Permanente demonstrates its commitment to their employees’, has a top-notch salary and compensation package, and has a leadership body that is well trained and supportive. As a Clinician and a Manager, I am very impressed with our commitment to quality outcomes. I have truly found a home here and would be honored for Kaiser Permanente to be my last professional stop in my career.”
PsyD, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Psych Social Worker
“Kaiser Permanente, in my opinion, is a great mix of professional, friendly and fast-paced. They allow me to be who I am and let me have a voice. I love being a therapist and I’m very proud and excited about the Gender Assessments and transgender group work being conducted. I’m helping the LGBT community and making this population feel comfortable throughout their care journey. Kaiser Permanente is a breath of fresh air to me in my work.”
“I appreciate how Kaiser Permanente strives to reflect inclusivity and representation throughout the organization. I’m excited about an internal clinic comprised of African American clinicians dedicated to supporting the health needs of the African diaspora. I’m proud to be part of committees that intentionally promote equity, inclusion and diversity. These things combined with the benefits, opportunities and people make Kaiser Permanente a great place to work.”
Member Care Services Associate
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provides case management services to Kaiser Permanente Quest Integration (QI) members and their families to help navigate personal, social, financial, and medical needs. Works with QI RN Manager to assign QI members (adults, seniors and children) with special health care needs to appropriate care manager(CM)/care coordinator(CC). Works with RN Manager to develop QI processes for successful care management integration. Coordinates monthly collaborative Care Rounds. Develops and implements tracking systems for QI processes including, but not limited to, QI Face to Face Health Functional Assessments (HFA), Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPDST) including CM/CC member follow-ups. Develops and implements QI care plan summary templates for KP EHR. Develops and implements a tool box for initial HFA and reassessments for CM/CC.
- Develops the QI care management tool box for initial and reassessment materials needed for a home visit. Develops QI check lists and implements them.
- Receives and performs initial triage of paraprofessional. Assists with resource development. Networks with other community based services. Works closely with CM/CC for referral regarding Home Community Based Services (HCBS)/Durable Medical Equipment (DME), dental services, Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Difficulties (SEBD)/Severely Mentally Ill (SMI), Child Welfare Services, Adult Protection Services (APS), and Developmental Delayed (DD).
- Provides member care services to Kaiser Permanente QI enrollees. Navigates services based on medical, social and psychosocial needs, educates members on QI program and offers assistance as needed.
- Navigates transportation and housing needs for members and/or their families for medical services both Inter island and on the Mainland.
- Works with RN manager to assign QI member caseloads to RN CM and LSW CC. Develops and implements a HFA tracking form for RN CM/LSW CC in home visits and follow-ups.
- Interprets and explains services of Kaiser Permanente QI program to members and families. Acts as QI member and family advocate. Navigates the health care system and health care services available to our members. Acts as liaison to promote Kaiser philosophy and services. Confirms QI coverage to patients and service providers within Kaiser as needed.
- Three (3) years community outreach in healthcare setting, or related experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Drivers License (in location where applicable)
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, customer service, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, teamwork and written communication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet and database PC applications.
- Trauma situation and CTN/Special Processes experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree in health and human services, or related field.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
More From Kaiser Permanente
Careers in Mental Health
Join a team that helps empower our members to achieve all of their physical, mental, and behavioral health goals. Learn more about our culture, programs, and opportunities.
Mental Health Training Programs
Comprehensive programs where more than 200 mental health trainees can work and learn in communities across Northern California.
Mental Health at Kaiser Permanente
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.