Nurse Educator-ClinicWailuku, Hawaii
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Part-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Please visit the Technical Information page for assistance or reach out to the web manager at email@example.com.
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Clinical Educator conducts training programs and competency across the MHS Region as assigned by Manager. These training programs include, but are not limited to, orientation and continuing education to ensure on-going clinical competency with multidisciplinary care teams. The Clinical Educator collaborates with department directors / managers and physicians as assigned by Manager.
- Researches and writes evidence-based clinical lesson plans that include measurable objectives and teaching strategies appropriate for the adult learner.
- Assists Manager with Designing training curriculum (manuals, presentations, e-learning) using instructional design and adult learning principles considering the novice-to expert framework of skill development and knowledge. acquisition.
- Evaluates and revises programs to ensure content is evidence based, follows standards of care and practice, and is in alignment with MHS policies and procedures.
- Provides, coordinates and facilitates training for Basic Nursing Epic Health Connect EMR.
- Provides, coordinates and facilitates training for New Hire Clinical Orientation.
- Provides, coordinates and facilitates training for all Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) programs across the MHS Region: BLS, ACLS, ACLS EP, PEARS, PALS, following American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines. Meets all regulations and requirements to maintain MHS as a AHA Training Center. Coordinates the QI Monitoring Program, related to AHA and identifies areas for improvement.
- Participates on Committees as assigned by manager.
- Utilizes educational resources and equipment efficiently to support departmental and Regional financial targets.
- Employs high quality delivery and presentation skills in a classroom environment, using audiovisual and technical equipment skillfully.
- Conducts individual coaching and feedback to support reinforcement of learning.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain clinical expertise, competency and licensing necessary to fulfill job responsibilities. Maintains and updates his/her professional knowledge and skills in the areas of training, adult education, healthcare issues, trends and clinical practice.
- Travel to all campuses within the MHS Region may be required.
- Minimum four (4) years of acute care nursing experience.
- Minimum one (1) year staff development experience
- Bachelors degree in nursing or related field, OR four (4) years experience in a directly related field.
- Basic Life Support OR CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii)
- Able to: communicate positively, effectively and professionally with others.
- Manage multiple assignments effectively; organize and prioritize workload; work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and classroom techniques. Effective written and verbal communication skills in front of large groups. Experience with outcomes measurement to evaluate effectiveness of education.
- Working knowledge advanced practice nursing, EKG trained, clinical pathways, evidenced-based practice standards of care patient safety, performance improvement, CMS regulations, Joint Commission regulatory standards.
- Training experience with EMR (EPIC preferred).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, multimedia presentations, and spreadsheet PC applications.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in team settings and accept direction.
- Experience in Medical Surgical, Telemetry, Critical Care, or Emergency Department preferred.
- Preferred ACLS, PALS, PEARS certification
- Masters degree in nursing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation’s best
Every hospital that’s part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report’s annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We’re proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We’re thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they’ve done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.