Patient Access Services Lead
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under indirect supervision, performs variety of patient registration, telephone, reception, cashiering and clerical duties; implements, maintains and assumes responsibilities of patient registration, insurance verification, notification & authorizations, and scheduling- ensuring adequate staff is available for operations; trains, orients, and monitors assigned Patient Access Services Clerk personnel and/or new employees in all duties and functions; reviews, audits, and corrects for completeness, accuracy and adherence to applicable policies and procedures as well as provides to staff and supervisor; researches and resolves problems; prepares, organizes, and conducts presentations, meetings; coordinates, plans, and monitors distribution of workload; prepares and maintains work schedules and assignments; prepares and codes timecards for managers approval, as needed; reviews, analyzes, and validates reports and other information using decision-making skills; collaborates with Financial Counselors and other team members on issues requiring shared accountability and/or decision making.
- Ensures that adequate staff is available for operations in all Patient Access Services (PAS) areas of responsibility.
- Minimum three (3) years financial counseling or admission and registration, and/or medical billing.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in customer service, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, quality management, results orientation, systems thinking, teamwork, written communication and leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of skill in leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with co-workers, customers, outside vendors in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to train others: giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematic ability, attention to detail (e.g., organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration and alertness.
- Knowledge of health insurance, managed care, and/or third party liability type insurance.
- Knowledge of Medicare and/or Medicaid payor guidelines.
- Knowledge of financial screening or medical billing processes.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Post high school coursework in business or related field.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest