Strength is Relative. Potential is Infinite.
Help your patients achieve their goals while realizing those of your own. Working alongside clinical experts and physicians, you'll have the freedom, resources, and support you need to develop innovative care plans and improve your patients' quality of life.
Physical Therapist - Home HealthLocation: Wailuku, HI Additional Locations:
Job Number: 726941 Date posted: 10/04/2018
- Evaluates patients, families and home environment on admission to home health and subsequent home visits. Determines if home environment is safe and appropriate for provision of home health services. Assesses patient's physical, functional and psychosocial status. Establishes reasonable/measurable goals. Develops and/or revises an appropriate plan of care. Communicates and coordinates plan of care with physician, patient, caregivers, and other health care providers. Determines whether other services such as nursing, OT, SLP, HCA or MSW are indicated. Establishes discharge planning in conjunction with the care planning process.
- Provides physical therapy services as prescribed by patient's physician. Evaluates patient response to interventions.
- Recognizes and interprets significant physiological and behavioral changes in patient's condition.
- Modifies/updates/changes plan of care when indicated by patient's condition and/or physician's orders.
- Determines, in conjunction with physician, when patient care needs to be shifted to another setting and/or patient denial of home health, if warranted.
- Provides case management. Coordinates all necessary services to be provided to patients. Documents according to Home Health standards, Federal and State regulations. Maintains medication profile (as case manager). Documents communication in care planning/coordination. Completes daily visit log.
- Supervises care provided by Home Care Aide (HCA) and Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA). Reevaluates patient per Home Health standards; performs and documents supervisory visits.
- Understands and applies infection control procedures. Maintains clean and safe environment for patient care supplies and/or equipment.
- Identifies and presents improvement opportunities to the organization and implements the Quality Improvement process (es). Assists with development and implementation of department's work plan.
- Prepares weekly schedule of patient visits.
- Follows all applicable laws, rules and recommendations for safe driving while on duty.
- Minimum two (2) years of physical therapy experience.
- Bachelor's degree in physical therapy.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid Hawaii Physical Therapist license (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure).
- Valid driver's license.
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Professional.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Taxonomy code required at time of hire.
- Ability to physically access variety of terrain and assist patients/caregivers in performing functional tasks and therapeutic exercises.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in interpersonal relations, oral communication, written communication, customer service, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing and spreadsheet PC application(s).
- Minimum three (3) years of home health care experience.
- Doctor's degree in physical therapy.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Rehab Services Careers
Rehab Services Careers
In an effort to increase our collective knowledge and deliver higher-quality, more informed care, we encourage dialogue and collaboration across the care delivery spectrum. Our rehab department includes professionals in audiology, respiratory care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, and much more.
In addition to inpatient and outpatient opportunities, we also offer home health opportunities, affording you the chance to improve patient outcomes in the home care setting. With outstanding educational opportunities and modern equipment and technology, you'll actively participate in your patients' journey to wellness while continually elevating your own expertise.
Physical And Occupational Therapists
Kaiser Permanente offers full-time, part-time, per diem, and in-house registry opportunities in a variety of practice settings, including home health, inpatient, and outpatient. Additional opportunities include occupational therapist, physical therapist, and licensed physical therapist assistant.
At Kaiser Permanente, Respiratory Care Practitioners are an integral part of our respected health care team. They are responsible for developing patient treatment plans and have the opportunity to work in a variety of exciting and challenging areas from adult critical care to cardiology to high-risk delivery. Our Respiratory Care Practitioners have the advantage of computerized state-of-the-art equipment, including life support systems, arterial blood gas analyzers, and non-invasive monitors.
Kaiser Permanente's speech pathologists provide direct patient care to members with communication and swallowing disorders by evaluating, diagnosing, developing, and implementing therapy and treatment programs.
Our audiology professionals are a vital part of our rehab care team. They provide direction, counseling, and recommendations regarding the rehabilitation of hearing impaired patients.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.