Staff Nurse - ACS/PACU
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The registered nurse will use the nursing process to provide pre and post procedural care to patients in Ambulatory Care Services (ACS) as well as the post anesthesia recovery unit (PACU). Staff will coordinate care activities with other professionals during the perioperative period and provide direction to nursing assistive personnel. Delegates nursing care according to legal and regulatory guidelines/statutes and organizational policies. Utilizes reasonable judgment in carrying out prescribed medical orders of a practitioner. Functions as primary nurse/total patient caregiver. Serves as resource nurse. Acts as preceptor and takes charge duties as assigned.
- Utilizes nursing process to deliver safe patient care based on AORN and ASPAN standards during the surgical care continuum.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Basic Life Support OR CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii) required at hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change management, decision making, detail oriented, customer service,influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication, prioritization, problem solving, quality management, results orientation, system thinking, teamwork, time management, written communication competencies.One (1) year experience in area of specialty or completion of a formal course in area of specialty within a designated period of time after hire into the specialty.
- Specialty areas include: Procedural Sedation, Operating Room, Emergency Department, Telemetry, Intensive Care Units, Pediatrics, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Cardiology, Ambulatory Treatment, and Diagnostic Imaging.
- Critical Care
- Preferred Certification: Certified Perianesthesia Nurse (CPAN)
- Coursework in basic EKG.
- One (1) year experience in area of specialty or completion of a formal course in area of specialty.