The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Staff Nurse-Chronic DiseaseLocation: Wailuku, HI Additional Locations:
Kihei Medical Offices 1279 S. Kihei Rd. #120, 1279 S. Kihei Rd. #120, Kihei Maui,Hawaii, 96753
Lahaina Medical Offices 910 Wainee St., 910 Wainee St., Lahaina,Hawaii, 96761
Wailuku Medical Offices 80 Mahalani St., 80 Mahalani St., Wailuku,Hawaii, 96793 Job Number: 810934 Date posted: 07/08/2019
- Practices professional nursing and delegates nursing tasks to nursing assistive personnel and provides direction to the LPN as appropriate.
- Utilizes nursing process to deliver care.
- Performs any nursing task requiring nursing knowledge, judgment, and skill.
- Administers medications.
- Teaches LPNs and nursing assistive personnel special tasks of nursing care.
- Verifies staff competency to perform special tasks of nursing care as appropriate.
- Is responsible and accountable for quality of nursing rendered and adequacy of nursing care provided when special tasks are delegated to nursing assistive personnel.
- Functions as primary nurse/total patient caregiver.
- Serves as resource nurse and acts as preceptor.
- Takes charge duties as assigned.
- Incorporates the KP Vision, Model and Values through out their Nursing Practice.
- Performs administrative and other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain clinical expertise, competency and licensing necessary to fulfill job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the unit.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid Hawaii RN License (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure).
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Population Management: Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) by the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE) - Must obtain within two (2) years of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change management, decision making, detail oriented, customer service, influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication, prioritization, problem solving, quality management, results orientation, system thinking, teamwork, time management, written communication competencies.
- Specialty Areas: Only departments in the Operating Room, Emergency Department, Telemetry, Intensive Care Units, Labor & Delivery, Pediatrics, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Cardiology, Ambulatory Treatment, Clinical Decision Unit, Diagnostic Imaging, Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology, Population Management - One (1) year of experience in area of specialty or completion of formal course in area of specialty within established timeframe.
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- One (1) year experience or completion of formal course in area of specialty.
- Coursework in basic EKG.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.