Licensed Nurses & Physician Assistants
The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Staff NurseLocation: Wailuku, HI Job Number: 910038 Date posted: 10/23/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Practices professional nursing and delegates nursing tasks to nursing assistive personnel and provides direction to the LPN as appropriate.
- Utilizes nursing process to deliver care.
- Performs any task requiring nursing knowledge, judgment, and skills.
- Administers medications.
- Teaches LPNs and nursing assistive personnel special tasks of nursing care.
- Verifies staff competency to perform special tasks of nursing care as appropriate.
- Is responsible and accountable for quality of nursing rendered and adequacy of nursing care provided when special tasks are delegated to nursing assistive personnel.
- Functions as primary nurse/total patient caregiver.
- Serves as resource nurse and acts as preceptor.
- Takes charge duties as assigned.
- Incorporates the Maui Health Vision, Model and Values through out their Nursing Practice.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned within the scope of their practice.
- May be assigned to another cost center; that may include other work locations on a shift by shift basis to meet patient care requirements.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Valid Hawaii RN license (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure) upon date of hire.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change management, decision making, detail oriented, customer service, influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication, prioritization, problem solving, quality management, results orientation, system thinking, teamwork, time management, written communication competencies.
- One (1) year experience in area of specialty or completion of a formal course in area of specialty within a designated period of time after hire into the specialty.
- Specialty Areas include: Operating Room, Emergency Department, Telemetry, Intensive Care Units, Labor & Delivery, Pediatrics, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Cardiology, Ambulatory Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and Oncology.
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- One (1) year experience or completion of formal course in area of specialty.
- Coursework in basic EKG.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!