Staffing Coordination Clerk; Part-time, 20 hrs, Float Pool, MMMC
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The staffing coordination clerk performs all scheduling, staffing, and timekeeping responsibilities for designated work areas within scope. Staffing workflow includes creating and editing schedules to fill open shifts, as well as mobilizing staff for daily needs that surface less than 24 hours before the start of a shift (cancellation, flexing, floating, and management of unplanned shift vacancies, as well as daily maintenance of unit/department schedules). Provides support to nursing units by updating and monitoring daily schedules, assuring appropriate distribution of staff by producing a balanced monthly unit staffing schedule and arranging for supplemental staffing for nursing units. Timekeeping management includes tasks related to the accurate recording, editing and maintenance of timekeeping records for staff in designated work areas. This role utilizes an electronic staffing system platform and requires strong communication with unit leaders, House Operations Supervisors, and within the centralized staffing team. Position is also responsible in obtaining the necessary information to initiate the patient transfer and for coordinating communication.
- Provides for centralized timekeeping for nursing units approving timecards at the close of each pay period. Performs tasks related to the accurate recording, editing and maintenance of timekeeping/payroll records for staff at MMMC.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of applicable pay and scheduling practices.
- Creates and maintains unit monthly staff schedules to show approved PTO, staff shift trades and assignment of extra shifts in accordance with labor laws, contracts and policies.
- Monitors compliance with guidelines and procedures established by the organization.
- Process appropriate Leave of Absence forms and time in accordance with policy. Create and edit schedules for nursing departments into the electronic scheduling system following all hospital policies, procedures, and guidelines. Assign specialty roles particular to each units operational needs.
- Prepares accurate daily and/or shift work schedules, which reflect forecasted needs in collaboration with nurse managers.
- Approve or deny schedule requests, with communication to unit managers as appropriate.
- Balance and publish schedules at the end of the scheduling period.
- Adjusts schedule to accommodate needs through acquiring additional personnel or reducing scheduled staff.
- Follows policy to notify staff of available vacant shifts and resolve staffing issues.
- Contacts available staff to best provide for unit care requirements utilizing available resources to fill open shifts.
- Prepares computer optimized schedules for clinical departments and centralized float pool.
- Within 24 hours of shift time, allocate resource/float pool staff to units based on needs, using technology and communication skills.
- Receive sick call notifications and manage unplanned shift vacancies by recruiting associates for open shifts, leveraging technology.
- Maintain daily maintenance of unit/department schedules within the electronic staffing system. Effectively communicates critical or immediate staffing needs to nurse manager or their designee.
- Assists with allocation of agency resources and other duties as assigned pertaining to contract labor.
- Answer, intake, and mitigate calls for transfer requests following established procedures.
- Performs follow-up communication to expedite approval of patient transfer.
- Collaborates with Admitting and Hospital Operations Supervisors to determine availability of appropriate bed.
- Interact with the requesting facility staff over the telephone to intake calls.
- Maintain multiple databases pertinent to the transfer service.
- Accurately records the calls for transfer service in an electronic filing system.
- Minimum two (2) years of office/clerical experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED), or equivalent related experience.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to coordinate efforts with team members within and outside of own department or organization. In-depth knowledge of computer systems and various software programs.
- Experience developing and maintaining reports.
- Ability to work independently and self-directed.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience with staffing/scheduling software in a healthcare setting.
- Two (2) Year/ Associates Degree.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest