VP, CFO Maui Health System
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This position develops attainable short and long-range financial plans, budgets and business plan for the Medical Center. This position also develops a strong financial team, is accountable for overall Medical Center fiscal operations including adherence to region- wide policies and procedures as it pertains to regulatory compliance, and serves as the liaison between the Medical Center(s) and regional services for fiscal operations. This position establishes and maintains strong working relationships with Maui Health System senior leadership in addition to aligning with the KPHF HI region, as appropriate.
- This position is the accountable leader responsible for the following:
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital expenses or increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Manages costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non- value-added costs.
- Develops strategic Medical Center plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses, and cost-benefit analyses of proposed capital.
- Assists in identifying risks and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action, including providing financial expertise in the planning of new services/products, outsourcing/in-sourcing services, and expansion that generate additional sources of revenue.
- Provides financial leadership and partnership to the Medical Center Management team (and their staff) Regional Financial Planning/Program Office Finance, and Regional MHS Senior Leadership.
- Consults with department managers and makes recommendations to ensure financial health of the Medical Center in terms of financial results and operating efficiencies.
- Drives financial performance for the Medical Center, including productivity benchmarks.
- Hires, coaches, and trains a highly-talented, motivated finance team.
- Develops long and short-range operating and capital budgets/forecasts, which are supported by the Medical Centers long and short-range plans and objectives for all three facilities
- Recommends budget modifications as required.
- Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets, and analyzes Medical Center performance relating to net patient services revenue, expenses and regulatory requirements
- Provides analyses and explanation on performance variances.
- Develops action plans to address negative variances.
- Ensures accuracy of monthly financial reports including compliance with GAAP and MHS policies and procedures.
- Oversees daily Revenue Cycle operations to ensure accurate and timely claims payment. • Oversight includes ensuring charges are captured, documented, and coded accurately, and point-of-service payments are reviewed, submitted, and collected timely.
- Evaluates and manages payer contracts and payment variance trends and work closely with payers to resolve variances based on contractual agreement.
- Oversees all administrative functions for the Medical Center as they relate to AR, procurement & supply, real estate. This includes reviewing and approving all leases and invoices (as appropriate).
- Ensures the Medical Center meets all necessary financial regulatory and compliance requirements and reporting. This includes all administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Leads financial audit and internal controls process (in conjunction with Regional Financial Planning to maximize revenue recovery, control expenses, and safeguard corporate assets (including cash).
- Performs risk assessment of areas to identify key compliance, operational, and financial risks.
- Participates in strengthening accounting/finance relationships with senior management in MHS and PPG, to improve the level and quality of joint decisions being made that have Sarbanes-Oxley implications to the Region.
- Thinks, inspires, mobilizes, and empowers the work force.
- Thinks by being innovative, inspires by being visionary, mobilizes by building coalitions and setting targets, and empowers by managing authority and delegating effectively
- Establish strong relationships with state and county legislative representatives and assist in obtaining funding for the health system.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, health care or public administration required OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and regulatory accounting and reporting regulations, GAAP, cost management techniques, financial analysis and budgets required.
- Strong business acumen, communication, presentation and analytical skills required.
- Appropriate education and experience in capital project oversight finance
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in finance management and strategic planning in a multifaceted health care system and multi- service provider fee for service setting preferred.
- Masters degree preferred
- CPA preferred