Licensed Nurses & Physician Assistants
The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
CT Research Nurse ManagerLocation: Walnut Creek, CA Job Number: 903244 Date posted: 09/25/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Assists in the daily operations of research units at multiple locations.
- Under the direction of clinical trials administrative management, interprets policies and implement procedures for the program, ensure compliance with KP HealthPlan and governmental agencies.
- Prepares for audits and inspections by internal and external auditors, including coordination of the development of corrective action plans and follow-up
- Provide support during internal and external audits. Assure audit readiness.
- Collaborates with PI and Sponsor in establishing, implementing, and conducting clinical trials
- Develop budgets
- Evaluate potential protocols to determine feasibility, resource requirements, etc.
- Establishes and maintains effective partnerships to ensure region-wide communication and coordination of the clinical trials program, fostering teamwork
- Serve as a mentor and content expert to research staff.
- Resolve complex operational and personnel issues.
- Assists licensed and non-licensed research staff to effectively maximizes quality and compliance with clinical research standards, participant safety, and staff and member satisfaction.
- Identify training needs, develop materials and coordinate training.
- Collaboratively develops strategies and implement protocol-specific operating procedures to improve the quality of research and patient care.
- Assist in developing and implementing departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in development of clinical trials technology systems and infrastructure.
- Recruits and hires new clinical research staff.
- Effectively manage staff, budget, resource/allocation planning, and performance assessments for a variety of clinical, regulatory and research functions.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Develops training materials and takes responsibility for training of new hires.
- Directs and designs quality assurance programs for clinical trials.
- Collaborates in the management of research data.
- Implements quality assurance programs and develops strategies which improve the quality of research conducted and patient care.
- Develops and presents quality assurance training programs.
- Responsibilities for performance evaluations of the research staff.
- Counsels and disciplines staff members who are non-compliant with applicable policies, procedures, and standards.
- Manages and resolves human resource, employee, and department issues.
- Performs as a point person for decision-making and problem solving day to day operation of projects, including the resolution of technical problems and questions of research staff.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!