Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Review Medical Records to identify diagnoses/procedures.
- Under supervision, codes all diagnostic and operative information from the medical record using ICD-CM, CPT and HCPCS coding classification systems.
- Verifies and abstracts all medical data from the record to assign appropriate codes for the following settings: Inpatient Hospital (IP), Hospital Emergency (ED), Hospital observation (HOPS), Hospital Ambulatory (HAS) Hospital Outpatient (HOV) and Medical
- E&M/Specialty Coder may require specialty coding and will remain part of the responsibilities as long as business dictates.
- Corrects data as appropriate.
- Review Medical Records to resolve Ingenix and HealthConnect Coding Edits.
- Under supervision, identify and resolve coding related edits by reviewing the medical record and ensuring that all data and codes are consistent with ICD-CM Official Guidelines, CPT, CPT Assistant, CMS, OMFS, MediCal, USDOL, as well as KP Regional and Local policies.
- Corrects data as appropriate.
- Work Organization and Prioritization.
- Under general supervision, organizes and prioritizes all work to ensure that records are coded, and edits are resolved, in a timeframe that will assure compliance with regulatory, billing and SOX requirements.
- Completeness of Medical Record Data.
- Under general supervision, interacts with clinical contracts to clarify and promote accurate documentation of patient diagnostic and procedural information.
- Enters patient information into the computerized medical record and billing systems, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the medical record data abstracted or encounter
- data corrected, prior to submitting the data.
- Ensures timely data completion by meeting coding/abstracting productivity/quality standards established for the E&M/Specialty Coder position in the current Coder Work At
- Home agreement.
- Provides feedback to monitor service provider and line of business compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Confidentiality / Security of Systems Maintains and complies with policies and procedures for confidentiality of all patient records.
- Demonstrates knowledge of security of systems and associated policies and procedures for maintaining the security of the data contained within the systems.
- Other Duties: Answers the telephone promptly and identifies themselves and the department.
- Acts as a resource person to other departments regarding coding questions and issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest