Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Monitor Technician (Temporary) - Grade 270Location: Walnut Creek, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 793407 Date posted: 07/07/2019
- Monitors cardiac rhythms accurately.
- Remains present at monitor except for breaks.
- Participates in and assists with the initial assessment and the formulation of the plan of care by obtaining patient information through observation and interaction with patient and family.
- Observes and reports deviations in rhythms from baseline promptly to the appropriate RN.
- Performs intervention, as directed, to achieve established patient goals.
- Assists in identifying patient problems, teaching, and discharge needs.
- Reports and records data to the Registered Nurse and Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Mounts monitor strips on documentation flow sheet for review by Registered Nurse.
- Performs 12-lead EKG on patients assigned as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Assists in ordering and distributing unit supplies and equipment.
- Replenishes supplies in patient rooms promptly upon transfer or discharge of patient.
- May be required to perform the duties of Unit Assistant as a minor proportion of the job.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- No Supervisory Responsibilities.
- Six (6) months of Monitor Technician experience.
- BLS required.
- Cardiac monitoring/EKG certificate preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be fully capable of detecting and differentiating abnormal cardiac rhythms as evidenced by a passing score on a cardiac monitoring/EKG test specified by the department manager.
- Must have successfully completed a course acceptable to the Employer in EKG interpretation.
- Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.