Nuclear Medicine Technologist II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
• As prescribed by Physician, performs diagnostic studies on patients, using scanners or scintillation cameras to detect radiation emitted and to produce image of organ on photographic film.
• Under the general supervision of the Physician, prepares stock solutions of radiopharmaceutical materials, calculates doses, and administers doses.
• Administers therapeutic doses of radiopharmaceuticals under direct supervision of the physician.
• Measures radioactivity, using Geiger counters, scalers, and scintillation detectors.
• Calibrates equipment.
• Follows radiation safety techniques in use and disposal of radioactive materials.
• May direct and check the work of other Nuclear Medicine Technologists.
• Performs other related duties as necessary.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum three (3) years of continuous recent experience in nuclear medicine.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Must be certified by the State of California and registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) and/or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB).
- California Nuclear Medicine Technology Board Certification.
- BLS card.
- Demonstrated ability to perform all procedures and processes as determined by the employer.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.