Sales Executive IIIWalnut Creek, CA
Our sales and account management team drives our mission of providing high-quality, affordable health care services to improve the lives of our members and communities. Working for an industry leader in health care, you’ll be provided with the tools to help you grow in your career and make a difference with the work you do each day. We’re pioneering preventive medicine, conducting comprehensive research, and advancing integrated care, and our sales and account management team forges our story and connects us to those we serve.
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our sales and account management team.
- Mission Driven
What Our People Say
District Sales Manager
“I started with Kaiser Permanente more than 18 years ago with one thought in mind: I wanted a career, and thankfully I found exactly what I was looking for and more. I enjoy working for Kaiser Permanente because my contributions to the organization are recognized; I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I believe the work I do each day does make a difference in the lives of our members and communities. Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to their employees is astounding!”
Senior Account Manager
“Kaiser Permanente is a welcoming and collaborative environment. The organization does a great job of showing how much the staff is valued, which is evident in their focus on equity and inclusion and work-life balance. I am proud to work for an organization that ensures I have the support and tools I need to be successful in my role, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth. I feel valued as an employee of Kaiser Permanente.”
“At Kaiser Permanente I am continually growing and learning, there’s always enough variety to keep me engaged and enough repetition to ensure I’m knowledgeable in all areas should a question or challenge arise. I love being in a position where I can impact professional lives, build a sales culture, and interact with the marketplace on a regular basis. I believe the Kaiser Permanente genuinely wants me to succeed and they always provide the support needed to ensure that success.”
Associate Account Manager II
“In my current role I am constantly collaborating with my managers, the account managers they support, and ultimately the members we serve. I am frequently challenged with new opportunities and projects, which has allowed me to grow into being a valued partner with ideas that are respected and implemented. Being part of Kaiser Permanente feels like being part of a family. I have colleagues that foster my growth, invest in my development, and care about me both personally and professionally.”
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Career Growth & Development
Generous Incentives, Awards, & Recognition
More About Kaiser Permanente
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
We work as one — to the power of 276,000. Every single member of our team is essential to our success. Together, we help deliver a healthier tomorrow while focusing on the wellness of our patients and our communities.
Diversity & Inclusion
We value the collaboration among our teams and our communities. These connections make us stronger, and we cherish the differences that make us richer.
- We feature a collaborative approach to work that includes supporting and driving each other to greater success.
- Here, you’ll find opportunities for networking, mentoring, skill building, and leadership training.
- Our teams are a richly diverse and tight-knit community that offers opportunities for outreach, healthy lifestyles, and more.
- Everyone has access to tools and training opportunities that allow you to grow in your career and build relationships.
Sales Executive III
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Develop and execute sales strategy for maximizing member and revenue growth.
- Sell the group with right rate, product benefit mix and conditions of offering in compliance with KP policy and procedures and federal and state law.
- Complete analysis of sales strategies and communicate lessons learned and future strategies.
- Participate in industry related associations and organization activities.
- Set expectations for penetration and develop strategy for maximum share with customer and KP account management team.
- Work collaboratively with channel resources and broker development to maximize group sales.
- Act as point person for KP resources and communications to broker community.
- Develop and present finalist presentations, coordinating the various teams and resources.
- Collaborate with regional leadership to keep Senior leadership and Medical Group up to date on marketplace dynamics.
- Identify and qualify regional prospects.
- Assess prospects and prioritize best opportunity sales.
- Develop a channel plan and report profile and performance results to management.
- Work collaboratively with account management and other internal/external partners on strategies for targeted prospects and final sales efforts.
- Build new and leverage established broker relationships to increase prospect and sales opportunities.
- Create and implement strategic plans for increasing sales at targeted brokerage firms.
- Attend targeted industry conferences representing KP regionally within the assigned territory.
- Collect, aggregate, and report competitive developments and trends for organizational strategic planning.
- Collaborate with others in KP to develop competitive strategy.
- Articulate KP position on significant business issues.
- Seek opportunities for improving KP image/visibility in business community.
- Effectively presents KPs value proposition to brokers.
- Consult with customers and channels to identify needs, demonstrate value, build commitment to KP, and develop appropriate business solutions and proposals to respond to criteria and specific needs.
- Keep brokers informed on health care industry trends and KP development.
- Identify customer needs and recommend appropriate solutions linking KP mission, vision and values, key quality measures, care management initiatives and services initiatives.
- Identify and communicate broker needs and expectations to other departments to ensure a high quality customer experience.
- Review and resolve outstanding broker and customer issues.
- If Occupational Health (CA):
- Develop a detailed insurance carrier, Network Developer or TPA channel strategy for assigned prospect and report progress on performance results to management.
- Relationship management for TPA and/or Network Developer.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in meeting employee group health plan sales objectives or related experience in sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the healthcare industry.
- If Occupational Health (CA): Minimum five (5) years of experience with Workers compensation claims, risk management, managed care or occupational health.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in meeting employee group health plan sales objectives or related experience in sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships.
- If Occupational Health: Bachelors degree in finance, business administration, risk management and insurance, nursing OR four (4) years of experience in business development, risk management, and/or insurance.
- Accident and Health Insurance License (in location where applicable) within 3 months of hire
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in strong interpersonal, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify barriers and develop plan to elicit full support.Proven ability to model and actively participate with sales team to identify barriers and build a successful sales plan.Extensive knowledge of and experience with employee health benefits.
- Strong knowledge of alternative finance approaches.
- Demonstrated understanding of local competitors products, strengths, weaknesses, market strategies and financial position.
- Demonstrated understanding of current/future trends in the health care industry and health insurance benefits, regulations related to marketing, benefits, enrollment and other guidelines as governed by regulatory agencies, and changes in healthcare/health insurance laws/regulations.
- Possesses excellent relationships with the local and inter-regional broker channels.
- Possesses and maintains a high level knowledge of Kaiser Permanente and the products offered.
- Ability to articulate customer value drivers in light of KP value proposition.
- If Labor and Trust: Experience within group health insurance, including active involvement in the organized labor community, either as a union official, or as an insurance representative that had responsibility for building and maintaining relationships with organized labor officials.
- If Occupational Health (CA): Understanding of relationships of MPNs, managed care services, and PPOs in the workers compensation industry.
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.