Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Sonographer II - Grade 852Location: Walnut Creek, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 702966 Date posted: 08/08/2018
- Exhibiting a high degree of tact, courtesy, and poise, explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
- Prepares and positions patient for examination.
- Selects equipment for use in ultrasound setup according to specifications of examination. Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field, and other specifications of test..
- Starts equipment that produces images of internal organs and records diagnostic data on magnetic tape, computer disk, strip printout, or film.
- Moves transducer, by hand, over specified area of body and observes sound wave display screen to monitor quality of ultrasonic pattern produced.
- Photographs images of organs shown on display module or removes strip printout from equipment to obtain permanent record of internal examination.
- Keys test data and patient information into computer of ultrasound equipment to maintain record of test results.
- Orients new hires.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must have two (2) ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) registries in any specialty. Must demonstrate competency and perform both specialties routinely.
- BLS required.
- NT certification is required to perform genetic screening for Prenatal Diagnostic Centers. Applicants may be hired without certification, but will be required to obtain it within 90 days of hire.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.