Clinical RN - Internal Medicine, On Call, Northwest MOBWashington D.C., District of Columbia
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Call-in/On-Call
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
Clinical RN - Internal Medicine, On Call, Northwest MOB
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
To coordinate and monitor care of patients in the assigned clinical area.
- Administers all oral and injecting medications in the assigned clinical area. Ensures narcotics and drug supplies are available in the assigned clinical area and assures the proper security of all narcotics and controlled substances according to KP standards and applicable regulatory laws. Initiates and monitors IV therapy to therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- Provides ongoing assurance of functional emergency equipment and adequate emergency drug supplies. Responds to emergency situations throughout medical facility. Documents emergency situation to supervisor.
- Coordinates, implements, and evaluates patient teaching plans for areas of diabetes mellitus, hypertension, anticoagulant therapy, therapeutic diet instruction, weight control, and other areas as designated.
- Sets-up, performs, and/or assists with procedures as appropriate.
- Coordinates recovery care of patients post sedation. Ensures safety measures are instituted for all compromised patients receiving care.
- Triages walk-in patients as needed or assigned.
- Manages the workflow of the delivery system such as assisting team members on identifying the best methods for care system.
- Acts as a resource person to LPNs and Clinic Assistants.
- Acts as patient advocate and resolves problem within HCT. Brings unresolved issues to Clinical Coordinators attention if unresolved within the team.
- Partner with physician to assist with coordination of care through message management. Provide phone triage, care advice, schedule appointments as needed, assists with patient requests.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- At least one (1) year of current experience HMO or ambulatory setting OR completion of an Ambulatory Care RN Transition to Practice Residency Program within the past 12 months is required.
- Experience in IV Therapy is required.
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
- Registered Nurse License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire AND Registered Nurse License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire
- Compact License: Registered Nurse within 6 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (District of Columbia) within 6 months of hire
- Basic Life Support
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Experience in IV Therapy is required.
- B.S.N is preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation's best
Every hospital that's part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report's annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We're proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We're thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they've done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.