Medical Laboratory Technician, 8hrs wk
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Prepares and calibrates test instruments and equipment to assure accuracy of tests.
- Prepares and collects specimens and performs laboratory tests of moderate and high complexity as defined in laboratory procedures manual.
- Discusses unexpected or unreasonable test results to supervisor.
- Reports the results of each test and related test data by entering information in computer database.
- Prepares, distributes, and files forms and reports.
- Cleans instruments and equipment as needed following each test.
- Performs maintenance and minor repairs to instruments and equipment.
- Recognizes equipment malfunctions and notifies appropriate personnel.
- Assists newly assigned staff to learn laboratory procedures.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Minimum two (2) years of current experience in a clinical laboratory or in related field required.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- Associate degree in chemical, physical or biological science or medical laboratory technology, medical technology or successfully completed an official U.S. military medical laboratory procedures training course of at least 50 weeks duration and have held the military enlisted occupational specialty of Medical Laboratory Specialist (Laboratory Technician) required.
- Proper documentation for applicable degree is required (i.e. copies of diplomas, transcripts, or International Degree Equivalency Report). Major must be clearly stated on the document. If diploma does not indicate the major, an additional document that states major is required.
- Medical Lab Technician Certificate from American Medical Technologists OR Medical Lab Technician Certificate from American Society for Clinical Pathologists OR Medical Technologist Certificate from American Medical Technologists OR Medical Lab Technician Certificate from American Association of Bioanalysts OR Medical Lab Scientist Certificate from American Society for Clinical Pathologists OR Medical Technologist Certificate from American Association of Bioanalysts OR Medical Lab Scientist Certificate from American Association of Bioanalysts OR Medical Technologist Certificate from American Society for Clinical Pathologists OR Medical Lab Scientist Certificate from American Medical Technologists
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest