Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Is responsible for patient evaluation through observation and monitoring of physical signs and symptoms, general behavior, and physical response to respiratory care procedures to ensure proper patient treatment. Communicates patients results to physicians and Health Care Team (HCT).
- Transcribes and implements written or verbal orders pertaining to pulmonary function tests (PFTs). Administers prescribed medications for inhalation.
- Performs respiratory related tests and therapy treatments i.e. bronchial provocation challenge tests, pulmonary function tests and oxygen therapy according to procedures and prescribed therapies. Appropriately operates medical equipment for each test or procedure.
- Is responsible for the accurate documentation of medical record procedures and interventions performed, patients responses to procedures and interventions and medications administered.
- Prepares charts and test results for physician review and reports patients responses to treatment to the physician.
- Communicates treatment plan to patients, responds to patients questions and periodically follows up with patients to monitor ongoing therapy.
- Practices and adheres to safety precautions by maintaining equipment in good working order and following infection control policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
PFT experience preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of respiratory therapy experience required.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- Minimum two (2) year degree from an accredited school of respiratory therapy required.
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Certificate OR Respiratory Therapist Certificate
- Respiratory Care Practitioner License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire
- Respiratory Care Practitioner License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire
- Respiratory Care Practitioner License (District of Columbia) within 6 months of hire
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge appropriate to care setting.
- Uses equipment and information systems appropriately.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.