Licensed Vocational Nurse I.V. - Temporary 20 Hrs Watsonville
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
consistent with the Medical Center Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization. Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and treats co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the health care team with dignity and respect. This classification is for LVN’s working in a designated IV Therapy department.
• Leadership: Upholds Kaiser Permanente’s Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibility, and applicable state, federal
and local laws.
• Demonstrates a professional, supportive attitude.
• Identifies and supports new ideas.
• Utilizes effective communication strategies, including chain of command and issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
• Participates in problem identification and resolution.
• Mentors and orients others in skill and behavioral learning.
• Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in order to assist member problem resolution.
• Prioritizes and delegates work assignments appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
• Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
• Nursing Process:Performs patient care activities, within the scope of competency, considering age-related needs of the patient as
• Reports unusual findings to the physician and/or Registered Nurse and contributes recommendations for revision to
the plan of care.
• Adheres to medical center standards, which customize care for age-related needs of the population served.
• Keeps health care team members informed regarding patients’ responses to interventions.
• Collaborates with physician and/or Registered Nurse to develop individualized plan of care that reflects clinical
findings, planning, implementing, and evaluating the outcomes of that plan.
• Monitors patients’ progress based on the plan.
• Assures care meets standards of practice.
• Collaborates with physician and/or Registered Nurse to assure patient/family education.
• Documentation: Charting is legible, dated, and timed.
• Documentation reflects thorough data collection and care provided.
• Utilizes computer systems effectively and efficiently.
• Complies with Patient Safety Standards.
• Maintains a safe work environment.
• Discusses patient findings and progress toward outcomes with physicians, Registered Nurse, and other members of the health care team.
• Demonstrates competencies during the probationary period and ongoing by completion of departmental competency
• Participates in departmental performance improvement activities, i.e., planning, and measuring/monitoring, assessing and improving.
• Customer Service: Practices customer service standards as defined by the Medical Center and specified department.
• Anticipates the customer’s needs, takes proactive steps to meet those needs, by listening and taking responsibility
within scope to ensure issues are resolved.
• Promptly responds to alarms and patient requests.
• Facilitates the customer’s ability to utilize resources.
• Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
• Team Commitment: Is an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
• Manages difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
• Takes accountability for own actions.
• Acts as a resource and mentor to new employees, students, and other team members.
• Actively participates in departmental professional development activities.
• Adheres to Attendance Policy.
• Supports a collaborative labor-management partnership environment.
• Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.