Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Analytical Project ManagerLocation: West Covina, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 808494 Date posted: 09/09/2019
THIS JOB IS UNDER REVIEW BY TOTAL COMPENSATION AND AS A RESULT THE FLSA STATUS MAY CHANGE. Collects data and provides analyses for a broad array of healthcare redesign issues across disciplines and functional areas. Has sole responsibility for some small to medium size analytical projects. Works under limited supervision. May be dedicated to a single department or business unit.
- Assists in the identification of key healthcare redesign business issues and the design of analytic approaches.
- Conducts research on identified key healthcare redesign business issues.
- Provides oversight and direction to analysts and assigned components of project work.
- Evaluates and distills analyses conducted by other departments and/or outside consultants.
- Assists in developing and utilizing data gathering tools, such as surveys/questionnaires, work sampling, financial modeling, and/or interview questions, to ensure that appropriate quantitative and qualitative data is gathered for the analyses.
- Extracts data for analysis and interpretation.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative analyses on a broad array of issues across disciplines, projects and functional areas.
- Structures and executes analysis independently.
- Prepares preliminary interpretations of analyses for project teams, clients, and/or department management.
- Recommends suggested action steps based on the analytic results.
- Prepares reports synthesizing analytical results, highlighting implications of findings.
- Follows through any further actions based on the results using sound business judgment.
- Assists in the development of project proposals, recommendations, implementation plans, communication packages, performance measurement tools, and training materials related to the assigned projects.
- Contributes to practice development and department administration including, recruiting, debriefing on training, and developing thought pieces on topics like change management.
- May provide input to performance reviews of others in department.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis.
- At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to re-evaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum three (3) years of related analytical and/or consulting experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, operations research, public health administration, or other related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues and propose methodological solutions; synthesizes analyses well, highlights implications of findings.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Possesses technical expertise in some areas.
- Must demonstrate effective communication, consulting, interpersonal, and presentation.
- Proficient with PC applications including spreadsheet, word processing, and graphics packages.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of related analytical and/or consulting experience in the area of healthcare preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Experience with: SQL programming, Oracle, Crystal reports, and Tableau;
- Ability to distill results of data analyses into presentations suitable for management.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and to communicate results of analyses to front line staff, department administrators, and senior leaders.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.